train blocks Mishawaka and South Bend

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana.
signmasters
Railroadfan...fan

train blocks Mishawaka and South Bend

Unread post by signmasters »

Slow train blocks Mishawaka and South Bend crossings Wednesday.
Canadian National Railroad began unloading rail materials Wednesday to replace the existing track from Greenlawn to Douglas Road, east of Mishawaka. As a result, the train blocked some crossings for up to half an hour at a time as crews worked to lay the track.
http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/86272397.html
A great photographer can make a great photo out of any kind of light from any angle at any time, life is not a studio! There is no such thing as bad light.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: train blocks Mishawaka and South Bend

Unread post by AARR »

That'll tick a few motorists off
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

signmasters
Railroadfan...fan

And we plan on going railfaning in Elkhart Friday hope that don't end up being a bad move.
A great photographer can make a great photo out of any kind of light from any angle at any time, life is not a studio! There is no such thing as bad light.

StrayWolf716
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by StrayWolf716 »

Alas, that should have affected railfanning in Elkhart in no way at all, as you probably found out. That was a rail train on the CN. I caught that rail train coming through Edwardsburg on Tuesday, with the GT 4628 as power. Anyone know of the symbol for that rail/work train? I was needing it for labeling purposes.

signmasters
Railroadfan...fan

StrayWolf716 wrote:Alas, that should have affected railfanning in Elkhart in no way at all, as you probably found out. That was a rail train on the CN. I caught that rail train coming through Edwardsburg on Tuesday, with the GT 4628 as power. Anyone know of the symbol for that rail/work train? I was needing it for labeling purposes.
You were right, had a great day in Elkhart, started with fog a little light snow than sun with 35 trains.
NS
BNSF
CP
Grand Elk
http://signmasters24.rrpicturearchives. ... x?id=52358

StrayWolf716
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by StrayWolf716 »

Signmasters,
Great coverage of the day's happening's there in Elkhart! I like the fog shots especially. I noticed on the inbound Grand Elk, it must have had the Andersen's grain train, with NS power, in tow as well. I've never seen it all intact as one train, but I've been told it happens. Your shot added proof to that.
I spent most of the day around the depot yesterday, and had a great showing. Couldn't have asked for a more picture perfect March day. All the run through BNSF power nearly outnumbered trains that had NS power.

signmasters
Railroadfan...fan

StrayWolf716 wrote:Signmasters,
Great coverage of the day's happening's there in Elkhart! I like the fog shots especially. I noticed on the inbound Grand Elk, it must have had the Andersen's grain train, with NS power, in tow as well. I've never seen it all intact as one train, but I've been told it happens. Your shot added proof to that.
I spent most of the day around the depot yesterday, and had a great showing. Couldn't have asked for a more picture perfect March day. All the run through BNSF power nearly outnumbered trains that had NS power.
My wife (ladyrailfan) is a BNSF fan she would of gone ballistic!