need a place to stay

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana.
rob
Railroadfan...fan

need a place to stay

Unread post by rob »

I one of the grand rapids people that need to go to Garrett in. I am looking for a place to stay. if any one has an idea, I'm game. I trying craigslist and some others but no luck.

Rob

Jeff L
(00:00:00) Jeff L: #1

Re: need a place to stay

Unread post by Jeff L »

There are hotels in Auburn less than 10 miles away.

Tlout
WZZM's "train expert"

Unread post by Tlout »

Auburn is only 5 miles from Garrett - some motels (and plenty of places to eat), but they can fill up over Labor day weekend because of the Auburn/Cord/Duesenberg car auction activities (go check out the museum when you get a chance). there is the La Quinta Inn (800) 531-5900; Super 8 (260) 927-8800; Days Inn (260) 925-1316.

How long will you need to be near Garrett?

rob
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rob »

i need something long term while working in garrett for the Railroad

Rob

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

When I worked out of Garrett there were some apartments in Avilla which is 5 miles west. KR Property Management which was located off "Baseline Road" just west of Old SR 3 just south of Avilla proper. Rent was reasonable, and apartment did the job. I believe they were builders under the same "KR" name.

Best of luck.
Practice Safe CSX

AveryRdhouse
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AveryRdhouse »

Need a place to stay? Buddy, you might want to look at houses down there. Your to good to go to work for a shortline, but your willing to chase your job across the planet. Your pal Spencer is gonna CLOSE GR. Gonna shortline that also. Do you have a retirement home picked out in Garrettuckey too?
Bill

rob
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rob »

maybe if I worked for a short line they would let me squat in an old building on the property. no I will stay at a class 1 much more opportunity

knute
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by knute »

How come you can't stay at the Animal House ?
We could loan you the cab and you can move it to where ever you need it :lol:
Our old building is a very nice old building and owned by us now too and 1hr 12min from home.
Stop by. 8)

anumber1
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by anumber1 »

NFW would the animal house be an acceptable solution for me but.... They shut the water off in the campground Oct 15 and I am in the same waters as rob. I am looking for a roomate "situation" close to BI 128 with someone that is stable/not alcoholic/suicidal also.

Actually, a house is an option too...

CSXT in GRR is gone, never coming back, and I can make 90 grand a year in Garrett. I wish MQT would hire me but a fella can only fax/mail/beg his class one resume so many times (active in the union/had an on duty injury... all real bad things to RR mgt, shortline or not).

Have the same needs as rob.... Clean, non smoker, family man looking to keep "living the dream" (with a house and family in GRR that 'aint going nowhere until the real estate market recovers).
Buck Fiddy
Al

muskegonrr
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by muskegonrr »

Those GR people that are now looking for a place in Garrett, message me. I know a person from GR that is now in the same boat (as of Friday). And no its not me. I'm staying in the West Michigan area.
Wooooooo Woooooooo