NS power on the INER

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana.
thomas
Railroadfan...fan

NS power on the INER

Unread post by thomas »

when i came through ASHLEY IN this afternoon, NS 8919, 8949 (c-40w) were sitting just west of I-69, they were in the siding not hooked to the cars that were there, several siding between ashley and hamilton are full of grain cars,,with rusty wheels..

leo28150
Deactivated

Re: NS power on the INER

Unread post by leo28150 »

The NS power is 'dedicated' for a grain train that is being loaded in South Milford; IN probably doesn't think the track can take the weight of those big 6-axles west of there---YET---and cut them off there at Ashley and used their own power to take the train to S.M. As for the sidings plugged with cars, I'm speculating that they are storage cars as I haven't talked to anybody from my home road in a while, ......perhaps a phone call is in order, hmmmm......

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Re: NS power on the INER

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

I think the IN makes a pretty penny on storing cars on it's tracks.... one would think Hillsdale Yard was a busy busy place until you notice most of the rails and wheels are rusty.... lots of cars being stored there right now, and they leave a few tracks open to do active switching. Any updates from the IN you find Leo would be appreciated... maybe that 1500 will have gotten new paint finally :lol: