GLLX 850?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana.
cnw8835
Grain Train Fetish LOLZ

GLLX 850?

Unread post by cnw8835 »

Noticed this on the NCIR yahoo group this morning. Prehaps a certain GLLX master could enlighten us about this unit and if this is true.

"GLLX C420 #850 was in Cincinnati yesterday, after being brought up by NS from Louisville, KY. The unit is nee-LHR, xxx-GBW, xx-IAIS, x-LNAC #850. Now moving as Great Lakes Locomotive (GLLX) #850.

The unit is destined for the Indiana Bio Energy ethanol plant south of Bluffton, IN. I would expect delivery to NS East Wayne via 196, then L69 to take it down Tuesday or Wednesday if connections are fluid.

Unique switching power for an industry these days!!!! LNAC (based out of Corydon, IN) is thinning the herd, after years with little traffic since the frame plant shut down."

CERY
Railroadfan...fan

Re: GLLX 850?

Unread post by CERY »

Hear the same thing on the GBW group.
Semi-retired railroader

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

Ah, that explains this; I caught it going through Bellevue last Friday (4-17-09):

"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

cnw8835
Grain Train Fetish LOLZ

Unread post by cnw8835 »

These two items were posted on the NCIR list within the last 24 hours from the actual owner of the 850

"I own the Alco C420 currently lettered and numbered GLLX 850. While this unit is currently on location and will be doing some switching at the Bluffton Ethanol plant, the plant has not leased the unit. This plant is getting a rebuilt and repowered EMD switcher. The rebuilder is leasing this unit from me and providing it to the plant until the rebiult unit is delivered and in service."

and

"I own the Alco C420 #850 and an Alco RS11 #367 an ex-N&W unit. The GLLX reporting marks are just being used to move the locomotive, as I do not have my own."