Best of EJ&E

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana.
EJ&ESDM809
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Best of EJ&E

Unread post by EJ&ESDM809 »

Yeah, CN sent EJ&E SD38-2s 670-673 to Homewood, which will in turn cause CN to send one of the switcher sets that were at Homewood before to be sent to Glenn Yard. From what I heard the SW14s are being sent to Glenn. It sounds like CN is not sending anything down to the J to fill in for the 4 SD38-2s sent away, at least not until March 4th. I think CN reassigned the 4 SD38-2s to Homewood because there is a surplus of power at Joliet. They have more than enough power on the J to move trains, even with 4 less engines.

I am not against the move of the SD38-2s to Homewood at all, at least they weren't sent to Winnipeg or somewhere far away.
Robby Gragg - Proud fan of the EJ&E Railway

EJ&ESDM809
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Best of EJ&E

Unread post by EJ&ESDM809 »

CN has again reassigned the 670 and the 672. That pair is now working out of Waterloo, IA in local service that runs between there and someplace in southern Minnesota. 673 and 671 and are the switch engines at Homewood, the SW14s and the slug set that were switching Homewood previously haven't been spotted switching Homewood since.

Back on the EJ&E, surprizingly CN hasn't retired the SDMs and the SD18 yet, but the time is coming, probably sooner than later.
Robby Gragg - Proud fan of the EJ&E Railway