Idiotic Women Almost Become Hood Ornaments

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana.
DelayInBlock
Railroadfan...fan

Idiotic Women Almost Become Hood Ornaments

Unread post by DelayInBlock »

Delay In Block Productions: "Railroading a Little Different than Usual."

Visit my YouTube Channel and Subscribe: http://www.YouTube.com/user/DelayInBlock
Like My Page on Facebook: http://www.Facebook.com/DelayInBlockProductions

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Idiotic Women Almost Become Hood Ornaments

Unread post by AARR »

For a change there are some reasonable posts in the commentary section. I usually enjoy the comments more than the story :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Freight train passes over women

Unread post by Garry K »

Bizarre. Two women were walking on a tall trestle when a train came along. The story says they survived by laying down between the rails and the train passed over the top of them. Read about it at http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/26143 ... -on-camera (story includes still photos).

Garry K

admin edit: merged Garry's new thread to this, original video loop only

Bulby
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Bulby »

I have to give the Indiana Railroad credit for turning what could have been a potential tragedy into a great teaching moment.
Apparently I work on GEs now...

j_c1987
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by j_c1987 »

You would think that there wouldn't be enough clearance for the train to pass over any person. I have heard of a story of a kid getting his foot caught between the ties or something and laid down flat on the tracks to avoid being hit. I see people jogging up and down the Detroit-Chicago line alot. It makes no sense. It
only take a speeding train, carelessness, and one false move to cause a tragedy.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

j_c1987 wrote:You would think that there wouldn't be enough clearance for the train to pass over any person.
There is a video circulating out there of kids in Europe(?) who deliberately lay down on the tracks and video as a train passes over them at a very high rate of speed.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

justalurker66
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by justalurker66 »

I would not count on ground clearance to save my life. The "kid gets his foot stuck" would be lucky if he could get flat. These two women apparently had a little extra clearance due to the way the rails were attached to the bridge and the guard rails between the running rails. It looks like they have a break in the ties between the guard rails.

On a subway system with "suicide pits" between the rails or under the platforms there is a place to go if one finds oneself in front of a train. (One should do their best to not find themselves in that position.) There have been a few people saved because they were able to take advantage of one of these safety features. And a few killed because they didn't get out of the way.

Not getting in the way remains the best option.