INER this week

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana.
INE-KP
Railroadfan...fan

Re: INER this week

Unread post by INE-KP »

For the record - The rail on the Old Road is 105#

Notch 8
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Notch 8 »

INER loaded out a couple more grain train this week, I decided to dig the tripod out and see what I could catch in the dark!

http://www.fwarailfan.net/community/dow ... &mode=view

Mike

railroadchoad
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by railroadchoad »

Dude, you captured an image of a ghost. Look closely at the inside of the engineer's front window! There is a face in the glass. It is to big to be anybody behind the glass. It looks like a face with like an old newsboy's cap on or something.
Lookin' and smellin' darn GOOD!

JohnnyO
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JohnnyO »

I see the back window, I see the pattern on the windshield from the wiper. I see the black part of the control panel on the back wall. Don't see any faces, don't see any ghosts.

railroadchoad
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by railroadchoad »

For some reason, when I clicked on the link to the picture it came up really big and that is how I noticed the image of a face. I will admit that it is not really noticeable on a smaller version of the photo. Try blowing the photo up.
Lookin' and smellin' darn GOOD!

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

I blew up the image and I still don't see no ghost...
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Ghosts would have to be real for me to see one in the first place.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

JohnnyO
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JohnnyO »

I did blow it up and I see what I see, no ghost, just the usual stuff. OTOH, maybe it's John Marty, staying as close to the Wabash as he can.

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

I kinda see what looks like a face on the engineer's window, probably a reflection that looks like a face. It is natural to see a pattern and think you see a face because there are spots where eyes, nose and mouth would be. It is called matrixing.
http://www.ghost-tech.com/Matrixing.php

Is it a ghost? Maybe. There is no scientific proof that ghosts exists, but then again, there is no scientific proof that ghosts do not exist. It's just one of life's mysteries.
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

Notch 8
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Notch 8 »

I added to the thread with some photo's of the INER from 12/22 they had 2 train running. 1 inbound and 1 outbound.

http://www.fwarailfan.net/community/vie ... 124#p14124

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Notch 8 wrote:I added to the thread with some photo's of the INER from 12/22 they had 2 train running. 1 inbound and 1 outbound.

http://www.fwarailfan.net/community/vie ... 124#p14124
I enjoy your updates on IN. Thanks for posting :) In particular I enjoy reading where the cars aroing going to / coming from.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

Notch 8, great photo set, as usual! I love that line...even on a dim murky day, they still look great. About how many cars did the northbound into Michigan have? There are so many great places to railfan on that line....and it's great to see the investment in the Indiana trackage, too. Nice shots of the 2216 :D

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

Jochs wrote:
Is it a ghost? Maybe. There is no scientific proof that ghosts exists, but then again, there is no scientific proof that ghosts do not exist. It's just one of life's mysteries.

Except all scientific evidence says that they do not exist.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

MagnumForce wrote:
Jochs wrote:
Do you believe in an after-life or spiritual life?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Ecclesiastes 9:5
For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even the memory of them is forgotten.

Even the Bible says ghosts don't exist. A soul is not a Ghost and even when I was a practicing Christian (I am now agnostic) I believed only in a physical resurrection not in a soul.

caboose9
Railroadfan...fan

INER this week

Unread post by caboose9 »

> "Do you believe in an after-life or spiritual life?"

Ghosts are pigments of the imagination. Roger
S. Roger Kirkpatrick, 731 6th St., Marietta, OH 45750

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

MagnumForce wrote:Ecclesiastes 9:5
For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even the memory of them is forgotten.

Even the Bible says ghosts don't exist. A soul is not a Ghost and even when I was a practicing Christian (I am now agnostic) I believed only in a physical resurrection not in a soul.
A ghost is a spirit (symantics). So when Jesus spoke to Moses and Elijah, what were they?

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

railroadchoad wrote:Dude, you captured an image of a ghost. Look closely at the inside of the engineer's front window! There is a face in the glass. It is to big to be anybody behind the glass. It looks like a face with like an old newsboy's cap on or something.
Look at it closer then, it is the silo looking through the front window and out the engineers door back window. It even has the same pattern as the silo outside that the cab is in front of.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bdconrail29 »

MagnumForce wrote:
Jochs wrote:

No, it doesn't.

Just to make another point, ALL scientific evidence at one time said the Earth was flat.

There are no peer reviewed journals or evidence that indicates ghosts do not exist. If so, please reference them here so I can read them.

That picture is really eerie but I agree with Matt, most likley the silo. Cool though.
Brett

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Science NEVER said the earth was flat, that is just a bit of misinformation told to children, all you had to do was sit on shore and watch a boat sail off to realize that is disappeared from the bottom first. Religion was the only thing that ever said it was flat. Regardless, from the 3rd century on no one of any intellect at all believed it was flat.

As for the religious matters, this is really not the place to discuss them.

Still I say, there is no such thing as Ghosts or Spirits in my or Sciences view.