NS Operation Lifesaver train in Toledo yesterday (8/13/08)

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
MDH
rp.net addict

NS Operation Lifesaver train in Toledo yesterday (8/13/08)

Unread post by MDH »

Here's my best shot of it:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=246649

After running from Toledo to Bellevue and back they de-trained the passengers and then pushed back over the river and used the Miami Cut to wye the train before parking it on the 14 track by the depot. Sounded like another crew was going to take it to Conway later.

Regards,
Michael

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Excellent picture MDH :!: Anyone know the reason for derating GP50's to 2,000hp :?:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MSchwiebert »

The GP50's were built to Southern RR specs (high short hood etc.) and with the need for high horsepower B-B's fading away and a need for reliable low HP roadswitchers the decision was made to rebuild them as such. Additional factors include, with them being rebuilt as 2000 HP units they could sidestep EPA emissions regs, and that the EMD 50 series weren't the best locomotives to begin with.

Don Simon wrote:Excellent picture MDH :!: Anyone know the reason for derating GP50's to 2,000hp :?:

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

Nice shot Michael

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

That exhibit car looks good in the maroon. First time i've seen it w/o the white paint.
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

i want to see that train!