CNUR#5/ Ex ATSF

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
rwas
Railroadfan...fan

CNUR#5/ Ex ATSF

Unread post by rwas »

Does anyone know what CNUR stands for. I caught this in Napoleon, OH going west just outside of town with a Railbox and a couple of hoppers today.
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/pictur ... d-copy.jpg

SD40-2
Canada Eh!

Unread post by SD40-2 »

C & NC Railroad Corp

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Hmm, I got this one, CNUR [Connersville & New Castle RR]
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

The C&NC Railroad or Connersville and New Castle Railroad (AAR reporting marks CNUR), is a Class III short-line railroad that connects the cities of Connersville and New Castle in eastern Indiana. Beginning from a CSX line in Connersville, it runs north through Fayette County, then through the Wayne County communities of Milton and Cambridge City, then northwest into Henry County through New Lisbon to New Castle, where it joins a Norfolk Southern line. The total length of the line is 27.62 miles (44.45 km).

The C&NC began operations December 22, 1997, with four employees.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

thomas
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by thomas »

the CNUR is using the old IHRC yard and shop in connersville, the unit they are using is a GP38 #20, the unit is white with a big red spartan helmet on the long hood, i was thinking it was a MSU unit at first. for the most part it looks like they are car storage. alot of ATW auto racks, and covered hoppers...