Train traffic in Upper Sandusky

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
NickThatRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Train traffic in Upper Sandusky

Unread post by NickThatRailfan »

My cousin is a truck driver and goes to Upper Sandusky pretty often he always tells me he sees trains when he goes there and usually he is there for a few hours how many trains go through Upper Sandusky on average and about how many go through in 4 hours? I plan on going down there with him sometime so I can get some trains hopefully

LVrrfan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Train traffic in Upper Sandusky

Unread post by LVrrfan »

First off, the lines through Upper Sandusky are the CSX Columbus Sub (north-south), and the Chicago, Fort Wayne, & Eastern RR (east-west). On the latter, the CF&E runs a local every once and a while through town, and the Wheeling and Lake Erie RR runs on that line a few times a week. I'm not sure if they still do, but Norfolk Southern will run trains on the CF&E every once in a while. Not sure on the daily count for this line, though. On CSX, you'll see about 6-10 trains a day. Both railroads have many customers in town, so I imagine you'll see some switching at some point. If you were there for 4 hours, I'd imagine you would see 0-2 movements. Hope this helps

Pie39
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Pie39 »

Non-railfans see a train any time they see tracks. Railfans see tracks more than trains. That's just the way of the world :lol:
Modeling the Ann Arbor Railroad in the 70's in N scale.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7JFDy ... ja0S1o7Q9A

NickThatRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NickThatRailfan »

Pie39 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:59 pm
Non-railfans see a train any time they see tracks. Railfans see tracks more than trains. That's just the way of the world :lol:
No kidding, my cousin has told me he usually sees like 2-4 trains when hes there but when I spent like 4 hours in Fostoria on the busier part of the line only 1 train and it took the turnout onto the Willard/Garrett Sub