Vickers Question

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Vickers Question

Unread post by hoborich »

Does Norfolk Southern change crews at Vickers. When I watch the vickers Railcam some trains stop at the overpass. Then a vehicle drives up to the locos and stops a few minutes. Then it leaves, and a few minutes later the train leaves
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Vickers Question

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

Yes they do change crews at Vickers. Quite a bit depends upon traffic, as trains do get backed up near the train station, where NS has its offices. Another reason for changing crews there is if the train is going to be laid up for any sort of time. That would be the best place in the Toledo area to stick a train anywhere on the Water Level Route that might not move for several hours. The other reason I can think of is bridge operations. If a freighter is inbound/outbound at the grain terminal, and the train is westbound, the crew can still get there by crossing the Maumee on either freeway.

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Another Vickers Question

Unread post by hoborich »

I have seen a couple CPs coming through Vickers. I thought CP came into the US at Detroit, and went down the Wabash to Butler, then west on the NS. Why would a CP be at Vickers?
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Another Vickers Question

Unread post by JoJames »

hoborich wrote:I have seen a couple CPs coming through Vickers. I thought CP came into the US at Detroit, and went down the Wabash to Butler, then west on the NS. Why would a CP be at Vickers?
Run through power.