I&O Oakley Yard

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.

I&O Oakley Yard

Unread postby northstar16 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:00 pm

derail at Oakley Yard.png

A buddy of mine was at Oakley Yard this morning said a few cars derailed most were empty. Getting a crane to get them back on the line
northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Re: I&O Oakley Yard

Unread postby northstar16 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:27 pm

Oakley Yard I&O.jpeg

Here is another picture that just was sent. Midland Sub best get you yard back in shape! Didn't you just have most of the rails redone over there in the last five years?
northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby AARR » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:16 pm

The flat car in the picture looks like it carries auto frames. Is that the new business on one of the Springfield branches
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread postby heypal6878 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:38 pm

I stopped by on the way home tonight there was a large crane there putting the car back on the track. Kind of interesting to watch. Looks like there is going to be some track repair there as the car dragged a good 75 yards down the track before the stop was made. Looks like three cars went off the track. Correct there are auto frames on that car.
heypal6878
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby arty flowers » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:15 pm

AARR wrote:The flat car in the picture looks like it carries auto frames. Is that the new business on one of the Springfield branches

Yes for the Navistar Plant here in Springfield. Located on the Urbana Sub near Glen Echo.
arty flowers
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby AARR » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:19 am

Thanks guys. There was speculation the frames might arrive to IORY in Flat Rock by CN. Do you know if that's the routing?
arty flowers wrote:
AARR wrote:The flat car in the picture looks like it carries auto frames. Is that the new business on one of the Springfield branches

Yes for the Navistar Plant here in Springfield. Located on the Urbana Sub near Glen Echo.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread postby JoJames » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:00 pm

I would say no on the frames coming from the CN. I have never seen them southbound on the line.
JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby arty flowers » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:28 pm

The frames are coming from the Metalsa Plant in Elizabethtown Kentucky. So its a safe bet that CSX is bringing those into Cincy for an I&O connection. Not sure about the north end of the I&0
arty flowers
Railroadfan...fan

Return to Ohio Talk