I&O Oakley Yard

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

I&O Oakley Yard

Unread post by northstar16 »

derail at Oakley Yard.png
A buddy of mine was at Oakley Yard this morning said a few cars derailed most were empty. Getting a crane to get them back on the line

northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Re: I&O Oakley Yard

Unread post by northstar16 »

Oakley Yard I&O.jpeg
Here is another picture that just was sent. Midland Sub best get you yard back in shape! Didn't you just have most of the rails redone over there in the last five years?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

The flat car in the picture looks like it carries auto frames. Is that the new business on one of the Springfield branches
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

heypal6878
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heypal6878 »

I stopped by on the way home tonight there was a large crane there putting the car back on the track. Kind of interesting to watch. Looks like there is going to be some track repair there as the car dragged a good 75 yards down the track before the stop was made. Looks like three cars went off the track. Correct there are auto frames on that car.

arty flowers
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by arty flowers »

AARR wrote:The flat car in the picture looks like it carries auto frames. Is that the new business on one of the Springfield branches
Yes for the Navistar Plant here in Springfield. Located on the Urbana Sub near Glen Echo.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks guys. There was speculation the frames might arrive to IORY in Flat Rock by CN. Do you know if that's the routing?
arty flowers wrote:
AARR wrote:The flat car in the picture looks like it carries auto frames. Is that the new business on one of the Springfield branches
Yes for the Navistar Plant here in Springfield. Located on the Urbana Sub near Glen Echo.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JoJames »

I would say no on the frames coming from the CN. I have never seen them southbound on the line.

arty flowers
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by arty flowers »

The frames are coming from the Metalsa Plant in Elizabethtown Kentucky. So its a safe bet that CSX is bringing those into Cincy for an I&O connection. Not sure about the north end of the I&0