Question on a Ohio Railroad

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
heypal6878
Railroadfan...fan

Question on a Ohio Railroad

Unread post by heypal6878 »

There is a closed railroad in Cincinnati that is owned by the City of Cincinnati. It might be the only railroad that is still owned by an City in the USA. The name is CNO&TP. Some railroad fans say it is or was the park of Southern Railroad. Yet from what I have found it is not. My buddy has an old lantern that he found at a home out east of Cincinnati that has the CNO&TP on the side of it. It most likely is 50 years old. The former mayor of Cincinnati a few years back was trying to sell this railroad and Cincinnati Water Works but all deals were dropped.

Does anyone know of this company? I would think Midland Sub might know something.

JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Question on a Ohio Railroad

Unread post by JoJames »

Leased by today’s Norfolk Southern
Cincinnati to Atlanta I think.

trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Question on a Ohio Railroad

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

The Sandersville Railroad, based in Sandersville, Georgia, is owned by the City of Sandersville.
The CIR or City of Rochelle Dual Access Railroad is owned and operated by the City of Rochelle, Illinois, to provide terminal switching of Rochelle's industries, with access to both BNSF and UP.
The Madison Railroad is owned and operated by the City of Madison, Indiana Port Authority.
I know I'm leaving out some others, including at least one more in Illinois.