Toledo Branch line

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
Tsidephotos476
Railroadfan...fan

Toledo Branch line

Unread post by Tsidephotos476 »

The Toledo Branch line was originally owned by the "western branch of the T&OC and then owned by NYC, PC, then CR. CSX didn't acquire it until the 1999 merger." - Thanks Brett, it is now owned by CSX railroad. The line still sees daily action from trains heading to and from Toledo. On average about 4 trains a day make the journey though on a busy day, around 7 to possibly 10 might be seen "though rarely like as in probably once every month." here's a list of trains you can see regularly.
Morning train around 2-3am "Almost everyday"
The "Autorack special" Light day around 3-4, busy days more around 5-7.
The local "works early and heads back around mid-day though as late as 7 if running late.
A few intermodals possibly, they seem to run one around 7-8 on light days, and 2-3 when the locals not running, also on Saturday there has been a intermodal train possibly a NS or UP using CSX track that shows up late morning or mid day.
Intermodal they run around 11:30pm on Saturday.
And occasionally the General Manifest that runs every now and then from 7-8.
If you want to add more to the discussion please, I live on BGSU's campus and this is what I generally see or when I hear train horns. If you want to railfan, I recommend Saturday or Tuesday. Though Toledo and Fostoria are much better options that are really close. But if you stop by and want to see a train, or get some nice pictures of a train blasting through a nice small town, there you go. On a lucky day you might see all of these trains, the early bird intermodals, the local, the autorack, another intermodal or the general manifest and then the 11:30 intermodal, though if that happens to you, buy a lottery ticket.
Last edited by Tsidephotos476 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Toledo Branch line

Unread post by bdconrail29 »

Never owned by the B&O. It was the western branch of the T&OC and then owned by NYC, PC, then CR. CSX didn't acquire it until the 1999 merger.
Brett