Glendale Train question

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Glendale Train question

Unread post by northstar16 »

My buddy goes to Glendale about one time a week to video trains. He is a big train nut. On the internet I read that there are like 85 trains a day that travel on the Glendale tracks. He told me today that there isn't more than maybe 40 trains a day and maybe even less more like 30 trains and for several hours in the afternoon there are no trains. Most of the trains are early in the morning or in the evening and a few at night. Is that true? I remember when there were many trains running on them tracks back in the day more than 40 for sure.

He says the best area to view trains is north of Sharon Yard when NS runs several trains per day. I know Sharon Yard is busy been to the BMV a few times over that way. That yard is always busy

heypal6878
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Glendale Train question

Unread post by heypal6878 »

Northstar I just read your post. Surely the numbers are not correct on average. Maybe 40 trains a day at Glendale on average. At one time maybe there was 80. CSX and NS both share the tracks there. Years ago both companies ran smaller loads. Today both companies run much longer trains to cut down on crews. I have been there several times and never seen more that 10 trains in seven hours.