Glendale No more train horns

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Glendale No more train horns

Unread post by northstar16 »

I just read something on the internet today about Glendale. City Council wants to abolish trains from blowing their horns in the city limits. Apparently they wanted to do this a few years back but signals were far more expensive would have cost the taxpayers of Glendale too much money. Now the State is willing to pick up some of the expense along with the railroad and the city of Glendale. If everything passes there will be longer crossing gates and more signals and lights one of the thru streets over the rails will be closed to the south.

To me it sounds like a great idea as other cities have done this yet trains go pretty fast in Glendale. Many times I have been at the Cock and Bull and the gates have been down and still people drive around them. People even walk on the tracks in front of the trains seen it many times. People just don't realize how fast there trains come down the track. I can't remember when the last accident was on the tracks involving a car or truck but I bet without horns this could be a potential for a major accident.