K185 frequency.

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
OSRR
Railroadfan...fan

K185 frequency.

Unread post by OSRR »

How often does the K185 run on average per day/week?

Also, I'm assuming the docks shut down for the winter.. Is it scheduled or do they wait untill the lakes freeze? And where does the ore come from during this time (to the mill)?

ssnk79
Railroadfan...fan

Re: K185 frequency.

Unread post by ssnk79 »

K185 is now a coke train symbol that goes between Detroit and someplace in PA. only runs once in a blue moon

the ore train runs from and to the docks that used to be k185 is now k173 and k172, Runs a few times a week depending on the demand of the ore
CSX_CO: 10 minutes, keep hoping the yard blows up and I won't have to go in tonight.

CSX_CO: Hump Hump Hump all night long, hump all night while I sing this song. See those cars, going to make them fly, sure hope the double o' eight is on time

OSRR
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by OSRR »

ssnk79 wrote:K185 is now a coke train symbol that goes between Detroit and someplace in PA. only runs once in a blue moon

the ore train runs from and to the docks that used to be k185 is now k173 and k172, Runs a few times a week depending on the demand of the ore

Ah, ok. Didn't realize they changed the symbol. Everything I searched was turning up the K185 symbol.

ssnk79
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ssnk79 »

Yea they changed it earlier this year
CSX_CO: 10 minutes, keep hoping the yard blows up and I won't have to go in tonight.

CSX_CO: Hump Hump Hump all night long, hump all night while I sing this song. See those cars, going to make them fly, sure hope the double o' eight is on time