Cleveland?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
justin_gram
Authority on Rabbit

Cleveland?

Unread post by justin_gram »

I'm headed out that way in about a week, and I was wondering where some good places to fan from are. Also... I get lost looking at trackage maps of the area. What junction is the busiest in the town? And where do NS lines change into CSX? Thanks!
Attachments
Screenshot (495)fix.png
Screenshot (496)fix.png

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Re: Cleveland?

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

The swap from NS to CSX (former NYC Water Level) on the Riverfront line changes on the east side of CP Drawbridge (CP 181). CSX runs a local down there, and there is a bit of NS traffic.

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

Berea isn't a junction really anymore but both the CSX and NS former Conrail lines are next to each other. Very busy and railfan friendly location. If you think of Conrail system as a X it was literally the middle of the X.

Tier4GEVO
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Tier4GEVO »

Berea, OH
120 trains per day
One of the busiest places in Ohio
Pretty sub-par for photo/video opps

Anywhere along CSX mainline (Berea, Brooklyn Heights, downtown Cleveland, Colinwood, Willowick, Eastlake, Mentor, Willoughby
60-70 trains per day

Anywhere along NS mainline
Berea, Cleveland RTA Stations in certain locations, Bedford, Hudson, Brady Lake, Ravenna
60 trains per day

CSX mainline running parallel to NS ex. NKP
75-85 trains per day
Only option is pretty much Mentor, near a place called "Deekers Sidetracks". If you want them next to eachother literally, then go to Davis road in perry or downtown Madison Ohio.