F.A. Brown?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

F.A. Brown?

Unread post by chapmaja »

I am looking for information on F.A. Brown (Frank Brown) who worked for the New York, Chicago and St. Louis Railroad (Nickel Plate Road) into the early 1940's before his death in 1943. What positions did he hold with the railroad and where was he working out of. The only thing I can find is he was an assistant superintendent at one time, possibly until his death.

I am not some strange person looking for info, F.A. Brown was my great grandfather on my mothers side. His son, worked for a short time as an agent from what family stories say, before going on to Western Reserve and then Glidden, where he worked until his retirement. Sadly, my grandfather (Frank's son), passed away in the late 1990's.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: F.A. Brown?

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Have you contacted the railroad retirement board? I've seen a disclaimer on various railroad history sites stating that they don't have any kind of employment records, that you need to contact the RRB for that sort of information...I'd be curious though as to just how helpful they'd be, as that sort of information doesn't seem to be the kind of thing they'd be set up to provide or distribute.
~ Charles W.