NTD 2016 Toledo Railfanning

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
wyrickj
Railroadfan...fan

Re: NTD 2016 Toledo Railfanning

Unread post by wyrickj »

Is it possible to get footage with the diamond without trespassing?
Pure Michigan Railroads
YouTube | Facebook

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MSchwiebert »

At Vickers? Short answer is "No".
wyrickj wrote:Is it possible to get footage with the diamond without trespassing?

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

So if the railroads will throw a fit, where is the best vantage point?
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

ssnk79
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ssnk79 »

the dead end roads that just south and east of vickers, look them up on maps. Just north of wales road, not sure what they are called now.
CSX_CO: 10 minutes, keep hoping the yard blows up and I won't have to go in tonight.

CSX_CO: Hump Hump Hump all night long, hump all night while I sing this song. See those cars, going to make them fly, sure hope the double o' eight is on time

Dan Cluley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Dan Cluley »

In the eastern suburb of Northwood, look for the intersection of Wales Rd & Drouillard Rd. A recently built overpass, means that the old alignment of these streets dead end at the tracks, southeast of the junction. The NW to SE diagonal tracks are the NS Chicago Line, and the N/S line is the CSX ex Toledo Terminal.

You can park and any of the road ends, just don't trespass on the tracks or at the Auto Detailing shop.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Toled ... -83.555212

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

My favorite resource:

http://maps.google.com

The whole world, at the click of a mouse...
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Joshua Niederkohr
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Joshua Niederkohr »

I'm going this weekend with my dad. I'm a big railfan, and can't wait. You can see me in a white shirt with the NS logo on back and NS football helmet on the front at top right. I'll be wearing a Carl Edwards 19 NASCAR Racing hat. Find me.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Joshua Niederkohr wrote:I'm going this weekend with my dad. I'm a big railfan, and can't wait. You can see me in a white shirt with the NS logo on back and NS football helmet on the front at top right. I'll be wearing a Carl Edwards 19 NASCAR Racing hat. Find me.
Not sure what I'll be wearing, but if your on Facebook friend me.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

wyrickj
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by wyrickj »

Joshua Niederkohr wrote:I'm going this weekend with my dad. I'm a big railfan, and can't wait. You can see me in a white shirt with the NS logo on back and NS football helmet on the front at top right. I'll be wearing a Carl Edwards 19 NASCAR Racing hat. Find me.

I'll be there as well not sure entirely what I'll be wearing either but shorts and possibly my black t-shirt - Add me on FB if you got it as well - https://www.facebook.com/gr.baller
Pure Michigan Railroads
YouTube | Facebook