Toledo Sub CPLs

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
srjason
Railroadfan...fan

Toledo Sub CPLs

Unread post by srjason »

I was recently out at the south end of the Troy siding and new signal bases were just put in. The north end also had new bases. If anyone wants to see those CPLs, you will need to see them soon. On Monday I will be going up to Piqua and Tipp City to check on those.

howeld
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Toledo Sub CPLs

Unread post by howeld »

Wapak has bases as well. Most of the line up through Deshler has had preliminary work done.

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CG Tower »

howeld wrote:Wapak has bases as well. Most of the line up through Deshler has had preliminary work done.

Not sure what you mean by "preliminary work"...here is the run down from South Erie North:

South Erie, no work yet other then for the new yard.
NS Tower, boring and new bases
North Lima, no work
DT&I Jct, no work
S. Cairo, new signals up, not active
Laps Cairo, no work
N. Cairo, no work,
Ottawa, no work,
Klemam, no woek
MP 153.5, new signals up, not active
XN, no work
Leipsic Jct. signals up on north side of diamond, new cantilever not up
N.Leipsic, no work
S. Deshler, no work
Deshler proper, no work
N. Deshler, now color light.

CG
-You are speaking in nonsense. This troubles me.

See all of my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtower/

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MSchwiebert »

No work visible at either end of Tontogany & Haskins or end of double track Perry either.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Both ends of Haskins and Tontogany are fine except the southbound mast in Togany, was taken out by a derailment a few years back and is now a Safetran.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JoJames »

Not to get everyone excited but with CSX mothballing lines. Deshler to Stanley could be a candidate for through traffic.

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CG Tower »

JoJames wrote:Not to get everyone excited but with CSX mothballing lines. Deshler to Stanley could be a candidate for through traffic.
Some of us old heads remember when the line north of Deshler was embargoed back in the 1990's. There was, at that time, some serious consideration of abandoning the line north of Haskins.

With three lines into Toledo, all arriving at basically The same location, one has to wonder the logic of having all three as through routes.

CG Tower
-You are speaking in nonsense. This troubles me.

See all of my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtower/

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bdconrail29 »

CG Tower wrote:
JoJames wrote:Not to get everyone excited but with CSX mothballing lines. Deshler to Stanley could be a candidate for through traffic.
Some of us old heads remember when the line north of Deshler was embargoed back in the 1990's. There was, at that time, some serious consideration of abandoning the line north of Haskins.

With three lines into Toledo, all arriving at basically The same location, one has to wonder the logic of having all three as through routes.

CG Tower
I'll never forget that. I remember the "rusty rails" leading north out of Deshler very well.
Brett

cr6903
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by cr6903 »

CG Tower wrote: Some of us old heads remember when the line north of Deshler was embargoed back in the 1990's. There was, at that time, some serious consideration of abandoning the line north of Haskins.

CG Tower

During that time, about every six months or so I would be told by someone (not the same person each time) "the signals are turned away from the tracks" between Deshler and Perrysburg. I would go poking around that area, only to find it was not the case.

I must have gone up there at least a dozen times to find out. It always looked the same. How quickly rumors fly...