Track Parallel to I-280

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
jimnorthwood
Railroadfan...fan

Track Parallel to I-280

Unread post by jimnorthwood »

I thought there was an earlier thread for this. But I couldn't find it, so starting a new one. For the better part of a week there has been a long string of CSX gondolas occupying the track that runs parallel to and on the eastern side of, Interstate 280 in Toledo. That track hasn't seen regular usage since service to a tank farm located at the end of the track just south of Front Street ended a number of years ago. Now and then CSX stages MOW equipment on this track. These gondolas don't appear to be for MOW, though. Perhaps they are being staged for the OmniSource facility on the former TT, or just stored. Anyway, it is somewhat unusual to see any activity on this line.

JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Track Parallel to I-280

Unread post by JoJames »

Possibly long term storage. Scrap steel is at a very low price and not moving. Car counts have been trending lower on CSX also. My personal thought is we're heading into a recession again.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

If you can get close enough look to see if they have bad order tags. There's an unbelievable amount of gons bad ordered on CSX and seems CSX might start selling them off.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

If you wanted to you could likely bad order just about every gondola CSX owns. They have finally started scrapping some up in Grand Rapids but they can't do it fast enough!
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

ssnk79
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ssnk79 »

They are Storage cars, I heard they were going to be put in there couple of weeks ago. nothing exciting, just being stored.....
CSX_CO: 10 minutes, keep hoping the yard blows up and I won't have to go in tonight.

CSX_CO: Hump Hump Hump all night long, hump all night while I sing this song. See those cars, going to make them fly, sure hope the double o' eight is on time

jimnorthwood
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jimnorthwood »

The cars were gone when I drove by this afternoon.