Worth fanning Toledo around 7am for the EB Train Parade?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
Tier4GEVO
Railroadfan...fan

Worth fanning Toledo around 7am for the EB Train Parade?

Unread post by Tier4GEVO »

I would not like having to get up so early, but I hear the EB parade of the 22K, 206, 24Z and others come before the noon-ish arrivals of the 24M/20E. Usually one I come to Toledo around 1130ish, I catch the 20E, but no other EB's. Then it's just WB's until the 26N and 20N around 7pm. Would 7am be a reasonable time to start railfanning? Also, if there is a heritage unit that gets into Chicago from a WB train, chances are it will be on one of the earlier trains of the next day heading east.

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Re: Worth fanning Toledo around 7am for the EB Train Parade?

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

Tier4GEVO wrote:I would not like having to get up so early, but I hear the EB parade of the 22K, 206, 24Z and others come before the noon-ish arrivals of the 24M/20E. Usually one I come to Toledo around 1130ish, I catch the 20E, but no other EB's. Then it's just WB's until the 26N and 20N around 7pm. Would 7am be a reasonable time to start railfanning? Also, if there is a heritage unit that gets into Chicago from a WB train, chances are it will be on one of the earlier trains of the next day heading east.
Let me hit this piece by piece.
1. I have always enjoyed the early show more than the late show in and around toledo. You can often catch the late shore limited or capital limited late around those times.
2. Why does it matter what direction the Intermodals are headed? Because you only list EB intermodals as of interest.
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

ConrailMan5 wrote: 2. Why does it matter what direction the Intermodals are headed? Because you only list EB intermodals as of interest.
EB in the morning = into the sun
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bdconrail29 »

Might be a tad tight but who knows. Get there at 7 sharp and you might get all of them including 24Z, 20R, 22k, and 206. It should be early enough. Traffic is very heavy at that time and sometimes as far as total trains are concerned there can be a big difference between 6 and 7 am. Good luck.
Brett