Van Wert news

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
h2466
Railroadfan...fan

Van Wert news

Unread post by h2466 »

This was in the latest Van Wert paper. I'm guessing if it happens it will be at the Supersite. Anyone have any additional info? Ken http://www.thevwindependent.com/news/20 ... ant-in-vw/

Notch 8
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Van Wert news

Unread post by Notch 8 »

Be neat to see materialize but I'm thinking the cheap oil we have right now might make something like this hard to get off the ground..

Speaking of the NEW supersite I noticed last week that the bagged flasher on 127 had been mowed over.
Last edited by Notch 8 on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

h2466
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by h2466 »

Notch 8 wrote:
Speaking of the NEW supersite I noticed last week that the bagged flasher had been mowed over.
Ya Notch that flasher got peeled soon after it was installed. Ken 8)

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bnsf8000 »

I would doubt that this SG Preston project would be at the supersite. I don't think it fits the parameters for the supersite. I haven't heard where the site is they chose. That was supposed to be part of the earlier announcement that thy were looking for ground.

PW

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MSchwiebert »

If they can get gov't (military) contracts for syn-fuels they'll be ok. As for the "supersite" they may as well start parceling that off to smaller opportunities - if they're still looking for the 'big whale' to land, it'll be empty when I drive my grandkids by there.....

h2466
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by h2466 »

I'm sure the industrial park on the south side of town would be out of the race, just my thoughts. Vision industrial park could be a possibility, easy access to US 30. The parcel north of Wal-Mart would be iffy because of the proximity the mall. Then there's the supersite. Hopefully things come together on this, Ken 8)