Glendale on Saturday

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
heypal6878
Railroadfan...fan

Glendale on Saturday

Unread post by heypal6878 »

Spent four hours in Glendale this Saturday saw one NS tanker train and that was it. Left at 1:00 very disappointed.

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Re: Glendale on Saturday

Unread post by railohio »

That's part of the hobby, too. Suggest going back until you find the busy times.
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

heypal6878
Railroadfan...fan

I understand that is a busy line. Is it best to go there during the week or on the weekend. How many trains are on that line during the day?

Railfan9
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Railfan9 »

During the week and either mid morning 6am-7 or after 5pm since it is before track work starts.

trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

I've been to Glendale before. Best times are early in the morning, from 5-10, and later in the day, from 5-10....much like Durand. The local delivering Tropicana Juice reefers usually heads north on weekdays from Queensgate around 8:30-9, and will return a couple hours later. Also, if you get bored at Glendale, head on over to Hamilton. Just go west from downtown Glendale until you get to Route 4, and follow it north.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

Try going to Hamilton and hang out on the parking lot at McDonalds. Unless there's track work you're bound to see several trains in a few hours no matter the time of day. Enjoy the scenery and good food at Glendale and if you see a few trains it's a bonus.

By the way CCET painted 2807 all black with red sections on the nose and under the cab windows. CCET spelled out on the long hood on white lettering.

heypal6878
Railroadfan...fan

Thanks will do! I know Hamilton gets some traffic. I did see the CCET engine was going to get a paint job. Looking forward to seeing the final result!