NS Dayton District

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
lbable
Railroadfan...fan

NS Dayton District

Unread post by lbable »

Figured I would start a whole topic on this, just in case anyone else has any questions,
Mine may not be as hard to answer as i think. On Thursday, about noon, I crossed at Enon siding and saw a grain train sitting stopped on the main. Thinking that was weird to be passing in the siding, i sat and about noon-thirty, the OLS locomotive from Moraine came north going towards Springfield. It only had 2 plastic pellet cars, and a steel coil car. Where was it going?

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Re: NS Dayton District

Unread post by redside20 »

lbable wrote:Figured I would start a whole topic on this, just in case anyone else has any questions,
Mine may not be as hard to answer as i think. On Thursday, about noon, I crossed at Enon siding and saw a grain train sitting stopped on the main. Thinking that was weird to be passing in the siding, i sat and about noon-thirty, the OLS locomotive from Moraine came north going towards Springfield. It only had 2 plastic pellet cars, and a steel coil car. Where was it going?
You saw NS Local L3A probably taking the coil car to Coilplus on the eastside of Springfield and the plastic hoppers to either Nissen Chemitec or Advanced Drainage Supply in London. You will see the local come through Springfield around noon every Tuesday and Thursday because I used to have a class at the Clark State Campus Downtown and watch it go by right outside my classroom window. Also it will take the interchange track at CP182 and head to I&O's Warder Street Yard to exchange cars there for Stoker Alloy in Springfield or for customers on the Urbana and DT&I South Subs. Other customers on the Dayton District served by the L3A east of Springfield are the Arm &Hammer Plant, Staples Distribution Center and a Lumber Yard all in London.
Exit stage left

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

I live along the Dayton District in Fairborn so I will be following this thread closely.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

effective on Monday Nov 18 NS L3A out of Moraine will become L12.
Exit stage left