IORY South End Part Five

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Re: IORY South End Part Five

Unread post by midland sub »

Ended up in Lancaster on Monday. Caught the L1 crew shoving to do the afternoon Anchor Shuttle with 5007. Got a few pics of them swapping the loads for the empties. Neat to see the old 86 ft boxcars still in use.

OC 4028 was sitting just north of the crew office off of Collins Road. It was swapped with 3884 I believe it ran out of fuel on the trip down from Columbus.

Saw pics of 5013-5014 working WCH-A yesterday.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

CSX delivered Melvin Stone train on Thursday to Haynes. I&O crew took train from Haynes to Melvin for loading early Friday morning with 4028-4030. Should get loaded over next day or so and head back to Columbus and then Logan early next week.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

OC 4028-4030 ran to Cincy on Friday night's Wash CH Turn. Train finally made it back to Wash CH this afternoon. 4082-4085-4028-4030-5011. Spotted a hot car for Wash CH Molding.

5013/5014 took 51 cars to Valero/Cargill and then off to Grove City.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

midland sub wrote:5013/5014 took 51 cars to Valero/Cargill and then off to Grove City.
Are the 5000's still GP50's?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

midland sub wrote:OC 4028-4030 ran to Cincy on Friday night's Wash CH Turn. Train finally made it back to Wash CH this afternoon. 4082-4085-4028-4030-5011. Spotted a hot car for Wash CH Molding.

5013/5014 took 51 cars to Valero/Cargill and then off to Grove City.

So are things turning around down there? I'm seeing a lot of fanfare for those OC locos as evidenced in the photos people are taking on facebook
Exit stage left

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

AARR wrote:
midland sub wrote:5013/5014 took 51 cars to Valero/Cargill and then off to Grove City.
Are the 5000's still GP50's?
Yes.
Bottom text.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

OC 4028-4030 are split up. 4028 ended up on WCH-B and went to Springfield and back today. They will used anywhere they are needed.

Blan Job now has two locos. 5011-5013 due to heavy Melvin Stone traffic to Cincy.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

I&O finally did a track project on the Midland main from Grove City to Russ (Dayton Dist). Should eliminate the 10 mph slow order the line has been for the past several years. Crew dumped 19 cars of stone last night with 4072.

Next Melvin stone train for Logan will be next week. OC SD40s should be in Cincy getting work.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

WCH Turn had 76 cars with 4072-9500-4030-4071. 4030 cannot lead until it gets the speedometer repaired. 4028 has been working grain trains and stuff around Springfield.

Pig iron gon fleet is bigger. Group of DJJX gons has been added. Mostly former SP gons with a few C&NW thrown in.

redside20

midland sub wrote:WCH Turn had 76 cars with 4072-9500-4030-4071. 4030 cannot lead until it gets the speedometer repaired. 4028 has been working grain trains and stuff around Springfield.

Pig iron gon fleet is bigger. Group of DJJX gons has been added. Mostly former SP gons with a few C&NW thrown in.
What's this I read on fb about the brand new GM in Cincinnati already stepping down from his position. I just have to wonder who or what keeps in such a tailspin that lower management has to beat a hasty retreat.
Exit stage left

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

He stepped down based on what was best for his situation. Something that has no reason to be discussed here or Facebook. We forget sometimes that there are real people involved with running a railroad that do have personal lives that dont revolve around choo choos unlike some formers....

redside20 wrote:
midland sub wrote:WCH Turn had 76 cars with 4072-9500-4030-4071. 4030 cannot lead until it gets the speedometer repaired. 4028 has been working grain trains and stuff around Springfield.

What's this I read on fb about the brand new GM in Cincinnati already stepping down from his position. I just have to wonder who or what keeps in such a tailspin that lower management has to beat a hasty retreat.

redside20

midland sub wrote:He stepped down based on what was best for his situation. Something that has no reason to be discussed here or Facebook. We forget sometimes that there are real people involved with running a railroad that do have personal lives that dont revolve around choo choos unlike some formers....

redside20 wrote:

agreed...whatever there business is...is there business...I can however draw and come to my own conclusions and leave it at that...
Exit stage left

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Like I replied at Facebook his decision had nothing to do with what was going on at the I&O. Things are improving. You can't just snap your fingers or close your eyes and wish things to instantly change.....

redside20

midland sub wrote:Like I replied at Facebook his decision had nothing to do with what was going on at the I&O. Things are improving. You can't just snap your fingers or close your eyes and wish things to instantly change.....

If only this website had a like button like facebook. :D
Exit stage left

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

Does anyone know why nkp901 and the Cincinnati Railway cars are still at Sugar St? The LSL engineer had the 901 running this morning and there was a guy with a FRA vest plus 2 other men by the train.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Could be waiting for a CNRY crew to be able to take it back south. CNRY guys are able to run on the I&O if qualified for that particular section. FRA guy might be a buff wanting to check it the 901 out.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

The I&O has been split up for management purposes for the time being. Ohio Central GM is now in charge of the CIND and everything south of Springfield. CFE GM is in charge of DT&I Middle and North. Will stay this way until new GM is found.

lbable
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by lbable »

Cscd RA loco, OC 6 axel, and Sopac 6 axel switching South Charleston at the moment. Just a heads up for northerners. :D

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Dropping cars tank cars for Trupointe or grain train?

I was really hoping that CSCD turd would have gotten new paint when the contractor was there in the spring. Supposed to be top of the list when they return in the winter.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

They sent the 901 south sometime between 8 pm last night and 8:45 this morning. The yard crew had it running last evening so I believe the night crew took it south. The LNL I filmed yesterday around 7:30 pm was tied down in the yard and left unmoved by the night crew.