IORY South End Part Five

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Re: IORY South End Part Five

Unread post by midland sub »

They finally brought it down Tuesday.... good lord no wonder nothing gets done...

I&O GM got reassigned finally, Asst GM is running things for what it's worth.

Anchor Hocking went back in limited production in Lancaster. Caught the L1 switching the sand track Monday morning and running afternoon Anchor Shuttle. Seems the future is still very clouded for the plant.

That Guy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by That Guy »

How many GM's and AGM's have they gone through since the sale? Seems the IORY is changing monthly...

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

It's disappointing that even after the sale to G&W there continues to be operational issues that affect customer service
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Since Super Ryan left we have seen three come and go. Say what you want about Super Ryan, but at least the place wasn't run into the ground like it is now.... Problem with GM Kelly was he was darn worry about the budget and his bonus, though they figured he could run the everything because his dad ran the Midland for CSX for quite awhile. First G&W didn't last personal reasons. Problem is who runs the Ohio Valley Region. Ohio Valley Region for G&W is one of if not the most profitable foe them. No one at corp was ready to rock the boat so basically it's been run to the whim of the Ohio Central guys that run the region. I&O-CIND-CFE are basically red headed step children.....

logansub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by logansub »

Looks like the logan stone train has come and gone this week. They picked up the other 4 stone cars that were sitting outside the shop. Seems like Keynes mill has had more cars coming in than normal in the last few weeks.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

I heard the train was still south of Lancaster this morning waiting to go back. They took the bad order cars last train. They had some struggles getting them unloaded and thus the damage.

Anchor Hocking had another fire/explosion. Same as back in January that shut the plant down. Something to do with the molten glass. Sad news as the parent company had just announced that the Lancaster plant was to stay in production while the smaller plant in Pennsylvania is to be shut down.

Inbound wheat traffic seems to really pick up for Keynes in July, but sometimes it's just the transit times for the two sets of shuttle cars is so out of whack they both end up in Logan at the same time.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bnsf8000 »

Is the IORY 4030 still on the I&O property? Is it running or b/o? Saw pictures on rrpicturearchives, but they were from 2005-2007 or so. One of my railfanning buds has pictures of 4032/4034/4036 and wondered if was still around. He remembers it being in Van Wert years back, but didn't get any pictures. One of the few that has been on the CF&E that he never shot. I believe it was exCORP in BN green/black. Thanks.

PW

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

I&O 4030 left sometime last fall or early winter on CSX on an eastbound train. Never did hear or ask why it left other than it was a piece of crap. It actually came to the I&O from I believe Helm in late '97 or so with the rest of the I&O GP40s. Never got repainted out of it's BN white face paint. I believe it was built as a B&O GP38 that got rebuilt into a GP40 for BN in the late 1980s.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bnsf8000 »

Thanks midland! I guess he won't have to worry about getting a picture of that piece of crap. :wink: He'll love that. Should've shot it when he had the chance. LOL.

PW

Pie39
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Pie39 »

https://www.flickr.com/photos/63930868@N08/9698827173/

There's a new 4030 in town, unless it too went away...
Modeling the Ann Arbor Railroad in the 70's in N scale.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7JFDy ... ja0S1o7Q9A

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

OC 4030 and 4028 came over last year and now are assigned to the I&O. They are supposed to stay on the Logan stone train, but they use them on whatever they can.

I&O 5013 went to OC Morgan Run shop for work.

logansub
Railroadfan...fan

nice pic of the 4030

Pie39
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Pie39 »

Thanks, first OC-painted unit I've seen. That was back when it made the first Stone Train run, I haven't seen it since.

logansub
Railroadfan...fan

Yeah I haven't seen it in a long time. I usually try to catch it when it comes to town. Lately the 4070 and the 9500 have been bringing them down. I would like to be up to enterprise when the stone train comes down to catch it go by, but I always miss it.

logansub
Railroadfan...fan

The 4030 and the 4070 brought the logan stone train down sometime over the weekend and unloaded today. That is the first time I have see the 4030 down in a long time. Looked like there was about 15 grain cars at Keynes mill, and 4 or 5 at GE. Wonder if they came down on the stone train or if another train brought them down?

Pie39
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Pie39 »

Forgot to report it, around the 24th I saw those two. 4030 got the crap beat out of her, covered in soot and paint chipping. The nose I believe says "CC", not OC. :)

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

It's 4072. 4070 has the lighter grey along the top and the rhino liner front nose treatment.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

So is there any truth to this Facebook rumor I'm hearing of the I&O being for sale, possibly to Omnitrax?

cnw8835
Grain Train Fetish LOLZ

Unread post by cnw8835 »

midland sub wrote:I&O 4030 left sometime last fall or early winter on CSX on an eastbound train. Never did hear or ask why it left other than it was a piece of crap. It actually came to the I&O from I believe Helm in late '97 or so with the rest of the I&O GP40s. Never got repainted out of it's BN white face paint. I believe it was built as a B&O GP38 that got rebuilt into a GP40 for BN in the late 1980s.
As of April 6th, IORY 4030 was sitting next to the engine house at Norwood.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

I&O 4030 went to the Brookville rebuild place on the B&P. No one knows its fate there.