IORY South End Part Five

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Re: IORY South End Part Five

Unread post by northstar16 »

I have been noticing of late that the I&O has been moving plenty of product though Madisonville up north and back again in the afternoon. I even hear the I&O in the wee hours of the morning say like 5:00 a.m. They must be making some major money on that line.

heypal6878
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heypal6878 »

I have been hearing some rumors of late that CSX wants to take over the old B&O line the one that goes from Oakley north east. CSX all of the sudden has interest in the line may buy the I&O line out. Where is Midland Sub? If anyone knows he would.

heypal6878
Railroadfan...fan

Bad rumor Midland Sub agrees old retired guys kind of reaching for something that isn't true.

heypal6878
Railroadfan...fan

Midland Sub how many trains are running on the I&O out of Cincinnati east these days? The yard over by the old Walmart is packed most of the time. I was heading down 71 last night and one was heading east towards the yard

heypal6878
Railroadfan...fan

I noticed tonight that Rencome tower must have had a fire or lightning hit the building. I only caught it out of the corner of my eye but it looked like the roof and was black and the windows at the top of the building were black like there was a fire.

arty flowers
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by arty flowers »

Unofficial word out of the WCH area from a source is that a Menards Distribution Center will be setting up shop just south of the Blue Grass Farms area but it wont be considered part of the BGF/ Fayette County Economic Development project, Pretty sure that Southern Yellow Pine will probably be shipped in from the south via Cincinnati. Not sure what will come from the north.

arty flowers
Railroadfan...fan

Superior Carriers has located a liquid transloading facility in Junction Yard in Springfield. And two customers have come online shipping out scrap and they are Cohen Recycling and Topre America.

arty flowers
Railroadfan...fan

I&O will have a new customer in Washington Court House by early next year.

https://www.recordherald.com/news/36732 ... R9V0SwJvYU

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thank you for the updates, Arty.

I haven't seen Midland Sub in a while :?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

jallenp7
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jallenp7 »

It is actually just south of Jeffersonville near the truck stop, on the East side of the tracks south of the Blue Grass Farms container yard

arty flowers
Railroadfan...fan

jallenp7 wrote:It is actually just south of Jeffersonville near the truck stop, on the East side of the tracks south of the Blue Grass Farms container yard
Yes Right off Route 41 between Creamer and Parrott Station Road.

northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Midland Sub pops up on Facebook on the Peavine page with his usual dry humor

arty flowers
Railroadfan...fan

northstar16 wrote:Midland Sub pops up on Facebook on the Peavine page with his usual dry humor

LOL

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

This is still a page....

northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

There you go just when I thought he may have gone up in Space X today.

heypal6878
Railroadfan...fan

They did take him then decided to drop him back to earth. Guess he was a pain up there as well!

chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by chapmaja »

I witnessed an Ann Arbor Railroad train sitting south of Milan a couple weeks ago. On this train were a couple IORY covered hoppers. My speculation is that the IORY is using these hoppers to take DDG to the feed plant on the GLC in Owosso, Mi. Can anyone confirm that this might be the case?

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Wrong. IORY/NOKL cars are in fertilizer service along with some CRGX and PRAX cars. Loaded on the CIND and interchanged to AA, though I don't know where they go from there. Every now and then we get CSXT cars out of Cincy for the AA as well.
Bottom text.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

GLC has a few small fertilizer dealers but they also have been handling more overhead traffic for HESR including big blocks and unit trains of fertilizer for Saginaw, Bay City and locations on HESR in the thumb.
Y@ wrote:Wrong. IORY/NOKL cars are in fertilizer service along with some CRGX and PRAX cars. Loaded on the CIND and interchanged to AA, though I don't know where they go from there. Every now and then we get CSXT cars out of Cincy for the AA as well.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

DDG from both Valero and the Lima plant go to Cincy and the CIND by rail. G&W is smart enough to not use the old IORY/NOKL cars to move ddg as you literally beat the cars to death to get them empty. The mash is exported to mostly China and Turkey.