IORY South End Part 4

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Re: IORY South End Part 4

Unread post by midland sub »

Caught the Wash CH Turn this morning heading into Konrad. 408?-4071-500? And maybe 30 cars.

Supposedly the tunnel motor for the I&O is now going to the NECR. The CFE loco will ship out next week. I'm hearing this second hand so take with a grain of salt.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

I know this is a north end thing, but the I&O ran a 90-car loaded train south out of Metamora today. CSXT 8588 and CSXT 8634 for power, matching YN3 SD50's. They were notched out most of the way but the engineer said they pulled good. AJB and I chased from Metamora to Leipsic. Sure was interesting to finally see CSX power on the I&O!
Bottom text.

60Tonner
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by 60Tonner »

Y@ wrote:I know this is a north end thing, but the I&O ran a 90-car loaded train south out of Metamora today. CSXT 8588 and CSXT 8634 for power, matching YN3 SD50's. They were notched out most of the way but the engineer said they pulled good. AJB and I chased from Metamora to Leipsic. Sure was interesting to finally see CSX power on the I&O!

Where is the final destination?

60Tonner

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

60Tonner wrote:Where is the final destination?
The empties came from CSX and an I&O crew got on at Cairo and took it north to Metamora Wednesday night, then another I&O crew took it back to Cairo where a CSX crew got on. I don't know where it goes from there. I'm guessing somewhere in North Carolina.

Here are two of the shots from today.

Bottom text.

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MSchwiebert »

Nice shots Y@, is the first one at Fulton Curve?
Y@ wrote:
60Tonner wrote:Where is the final destination?
The empties came from CSX and an I&O crew got on at Cairo and took it north to Metamora Wednesday night, then another I&O crew took it back to Cairo where a CSX crew got on. I don't know where it goes from there. I'm guessing somewhere in North Carolina.

Here are two of the shots from today.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Mike- Yep, that would be the spot. Finally figured out a way to make that curve work for a shot!
Bottom text.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Thanks for sharing Y@! We get the old GE junk down on this end. Always share the stuff on the north end. Especially if the bearded one is along for the chase.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

No problem Mark. I'm always glad to contribute where I can!
Bottom text.

60Tonner
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by 60Tonner »

Where is the diamond at?

60Tonner

IORY_fan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by IORY_fan »

[quote="midland sub"]Pittsburgh Industrial RR SW1500. Beat to hell and back. Something is seriously wrong with it. They can't run it above notch 6 because it shakes so bad. Usually shop switcher at Norwood.[/quote]

I have heard just the opposite about PIR 2342(aka the Pirate), CNRY used it a while back on the Dinner Train & crews like it said it was a great puller, 2342 since returning from the deadline has been used mainly on the blue ash branch & roustabous near McCoullugh yard and also spent a month or so on the CIND late last year running the IORY Brookville job & CIND Lawrenceburg Job before the Gensets arrived.

IORY_fan
"Don't worry I'm pullin for ya, were all in this together"

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MSchwiebert »

It's the I&O/Napoleon, Defiance & Western (or DT&I/Wabash for the original roads) crossing just outside of Liberty Center OH.
60Tonner wrote:Where is the diamond at?

60Tonner

JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JoJames »

Also had a loaded train run south from Meatamora on Tuesday with a pair of CSX widecabs.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

JoJames wrote:Also had a loaded train run south from Meatamora on Tuesday with a pair of CSX widecabs.
Yeah, engineer Matt said he'd been pretty busy over the last couple weeks. I think he said there's been four sets in the last 13 days.
Bottom text.

Loco_Engr
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Loco_Engr »

Here's what I've got uploaded so far:

Just south of Malinta:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8-n-sand/8417325488/

Coming into Hamler:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8-n-sand/8417326048/

Crossing the diamond at Hamler:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8-n-sand/8416232335/

At the south switch Hamler:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8-n-sand/8417328206/

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

2342 also dragged a 60ish car empty autorack train out of Gest St during the CIND beatings a couple of months ago.

Three different guys have said its got the vibration problem.

Speaking of the CNRY, are they really not allowed to "borrow" I&O locos now?

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

I should be in your neck of the woods sometime in April. I figure it's about time the hilly billy trash from the south end make a run to see the flat landers up north.... :D
Y@ wrote:No problem Mark. I'm always glad to contribute where I can!

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Blan Job working Wash CH and Konrad on Saturday. They pulled 3 loaded ddg hoppers from Valero for Sabina Farmers. Melvin Stone has been pulling their hoppers out of storage (less than a month) from Cincy and sending them north. They took 30 plus on Friday to Melvin.

88 car loaded grain train came out of Mechanicsburg last night. Another 90 car train at South Chuck to be pulled. Four more 90 car trains en route for the Midland.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Great pics there Loco-Eng.....!

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

midland sub wrote:I should be in your neck of the woods sometime in April. I figure it's about time the hilly billy trash from the south end make a run to see the flat landers up north.... :D
Hell yeah!
Bottom text.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Y@ did a nice job in anotehr thread summarizing IORY's north of Lima operations. Can someone do the same for Lima and south to Washington Courthouse? Is there a Lima switcher and if yes does that switcher work outside Lima's yard limits? Thanks guys.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...