Bellevue Railfanning

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Bellevue Railfanning

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

lakeshoredave wrote:i never railfanned bellevue unfortunately when i lived in ohio. is it tricky to railfan?
It helps a good bit if you have a scanner and know the train symbols. I suggest you have a map and take a tour of the area. Since there are so many lines in so many different directions, and since trains will sometimes leave the yard, only to cool their heels for an hour or more just outside of town on a siding, you'll hear horns constantly. Those horns often echo off the buildings downtown as well.

If you do decide to try to try to scramble through town to get to a different location, beware that Bellevue maintains a solid police presence, and that many streets are narrow, have limited sight distance, and are heavily traveled. The local police tolerate railfans quite well, until the railfan gives them reason to do otherwise.

Bellevue_Guy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Bellevue_Guy »

According to the MR&NKP museum newsletter, the railfan platform across from Bellevue tower will soon have a roof covering a portion of it.

Bellevue_Guy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Bellevue_Guy »

I don't think the project's fully done yet, but here's what the roof for the rail fan platform looks like now

(not my pics)

torgy1962
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by torgy1962 »

Looks great! Can't wait to visit next summer.

twropr
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by twropr »

Has anyone seen a schematic drawing that shows the locations of the various interlockings, such as Center St. or Miniplant, in relation to the leads to/from the yard?
Andy
Jacksonville, FL