Ohio rail business news

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.

Re: Ohio rail business news

Unread postby arty flowers » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:30 pm

Looks like CSX will serve a glass plant that is now in the process of being construction on Walbridges far south side going towards Luckey and Pemberville on the Columbus Sub.

https://www.toledoblade.com/business/de ... 0190417132
arty flowers
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby OSRR » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:23 pm

http://indianaeasternrailroad.com/2018/ ... sio-foods/

Guess this was last year. I hadn't been through Jackson in atleast 2 years. Went through tonight wondering through town a bit and happened to notice the crossing was put back in and the track had been cleaned up along with dumped ballast. So I dug around a little bit and found this.

Also noticed the Rt93 crossing south of town was back "in service" (no exempt signs) and the track looked decent (and brush was gone). Anyone know anything about that?
OSRR
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby arty flowers » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:34 pm

This is being proposed on the opposite side of the Ohio River across from Gallipolis in Point Pleasant West Virginia. If it comes to fruition, the CSX line that runs through here could be seeing outbound shipments.

https://www.mydailyregister.com/top-sto ... son-county
arty flowers
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby arty flowers » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:52 pm

A Brenntag chemical distribution depot will be coming to Toledo and NS will serve it. It will located there on the north side of the tracks just to the east of the interchange of Airline Junction. And Amware in Brook Park will be revamping the spur that goes to the CSX iNDY sUB so that CSX will serve the facility.
arty flowers
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby arty flowers » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:26 pm

Unit trains of corn off the CP are being handed over to the CFE in Chicago and brought to the IORY in Lima for the ethanol plant. Also unit sand trains are also finding their way to liMA and they are being handed over to the WLE
arty flowers
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby AARR » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:10 am

I wonder if this replaced the sand that was coming from Yuma MI. After being closed for several years the Yuma plant reopened, shipped a bunch of frac sand for several months, then stopped shipping by rail suddenly.
arty flowers wrote:Also unit sand trains are also finding their way to liMA and they are being handed over to the WLE
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Previous

Return to Ohio Talk