Bellevue humpyard

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Re: Bellevue humpyard

Unread post by redside20 »

From several sources on facebook groups NS 167 and 168 have been taken off the St Louis District between St Louis and Knoxville because of Track work on that side. 168 is a wb out of Bellevue and heads down the Wabash to St Louis...167 is eb
Exit stage left

redside20

Went to Bellevue this weekend and saw only the right side of the classification yard in operation but there were rolling stock in the left side as well. NS train 15Q is now being routed from Cincy up the Dayton District through Columbus and up to Bellevue. Don't know if it uses the Nickel Plate or Water Level to get to Chicago. This train doesn't terminate here but NS train 170 is now Chattanooga-Conway routing through Cincy-Dayton District-Columbus-Bucyrus and eastward on the Pennsy routing. And NS has added a new train 32D from Pullman Jct to Bellevue via the waterlevel and then routed via Oak Harbor into Bellevue.
Exit stage left

redside20

From trainorders, three new trains are operating eastward out of Bellevue yard and they are...10G, Bellevue to Enola Yard. 14G, Bellevue to Morrisville Pa. 16Q, Bellevue to Allentown Pa
http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/r ... ?2,3733280

This does not go in the yard but another new train NS 190 is off the CN with cars for Linwood Yard in North Carolina..that also came from trainorders.

From the may edition of R&R...NS 127 is a temporary routing of Moraine Yard to Elkhart Yard, While NS 128 is a Moraine-Conway Yard temporary schedule. NS 331 is being operated as a Bellevue-Moraine freight while NS train 344 is a Toledo-Moraine freight while NS has been operating 16E from Clearing Yard to Portsmouth Ohio. When I was in Marion on Saturday NS ran an M70 north to Bucyrus and went east. There also have been several M16's ran as well.
Exit stage left

redside20

Another addition NS 19G...Oak Island to Bellevue...
Exit stage left

Bellevue_Guy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Bellevue_Guy »

The Google maps satellite imagery of the Bellevue area has recently been updated, looks like the images are now from sometime in the fall of 2015 (the prior images were from the spring of 2012)

So it now shows what the yard looks like post expansion, as well as the new connection to the northern Sandusky District. Just a heads up for those that might be interested in seeing it.

heypal6878
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heypal6878 »

Wait times up there are not improving! Maybe the new expansion may help?

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bdconrail29 »

heypal6878 wrote:Wait times up there are not improving! Maybe the new expansion may help?
I guess I just don't see it. I've been railfanning a ton in the area in the past 6 months and everything seems pretty darn fluid in and around Bellevue.
Brett

northstar16
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by northstar16 »

Think he is talking about the STB reports, wait times. Belleview has poor wait time well over 30 minutes on average.

redside20

Originally, NS wanted to have a transload at Bellevue *whoops* "Moorman" Yard...However as we all know, things are a little congested right now. So what NS decided to do was put the transload up in Sandusky over in the area where Triple Crown used to be, and will be naming Watco as the operator of the bulk transload. Kudos to NS, for the business decision of making another use of the grounds, which is really an extension of Bellevue yard when things overflow..
http://www.progressiverailroading.com/n ... sky--48958
Exit stage left