IORY south end part five.

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

IORY south end part five.

Unread post by redside20 »

There have been some changes in the Springfield and Urbana areas on the IORY. Over on the Urbana Sub, Ive been told that due to the slow assembly and sales of Navistar cutaways, the number of frames being brought to the Glen Echo transload have slowed down to a crawl to the point of dissapearing. And speaking of the transload, the plastic granule transload they were utilizing for the longest time has now moved over to IORY'S main yard in Springfield and while they still transload some plastic, its been mainly used for car repairs and even a transload for unloading popcorn for a customer. Hoppers are still seen at grain elevator in Urbana and the main one in West Liberty. For bigger customers its just down to Orbis Menasha and Damewood Warehouse now..And also word is that the iory pig iron traffic might dissappear in the few years.
Exit stage left

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Re: IORY south end part five.

Unread post by Y@ »

The Navistar frame traffic has been totally gone for well over a year. They moved everything out of Glen Echo and Trinity moved in. Tech II has not moved their transload, it is still happening out there and cars are being staged for them in Springfield Yard.

As for the pig iron traffic going away... All I can say is; LOL.
Bottom text.

redside20

The Navistar frame traffic has been totally gone for well over a year. They moved everything out of Glen Echo and Trinity moved in. Tech II has not moved their transload, it is still happening out there and cars are being staged for them in Springfield Yard.

Y@ I'll be honest, i'm way out of touch these days, but your buddies ie hiser, schwiebert, mefford, zoll etc are still all in the know amazingly enough. so they think they know.
Exit stage left

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Y@ wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:04 am
I read many many years ago that NS also had a share of the pig iron traffic (maybe from Toledo?). Maybe that's the source of the rumor although Y@ pretty much cleared it up.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

redside20

Don One of these posters which ive been following in the springfield area for years ya know because at the time he seemed to be in the know. Well a few weeks back when they were talking about Cleveland Cliffs and Middletown operations and them switching to different product in a few years. And the steel mills up along the lake shore and thats how the conversatiion with the pig traffic on the iory going away. So who knows.
Exit stage left