CP to Bluegrass Farms

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.

CP to Bluegrass Farms

Unread postby Waddy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:38 pm

http://www.cpr.ca/en/media/cp-extends-r ... ce-in-asia

admin edit: first few lines of the article for context:
​Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (TSX: CP) (NYSE: CP) today announced a new partnership with Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (G&W) (NYSE: GWR) and Bluegrass Farms of Ohio that will open up the Ohio Valley to CP customers and further extend CP's reach into key North American markets.

CP has an exclusive agreement with Bluegrass Farms of Ohio to use its 90-acre intermodal facility in Jeffersonville, Ohio located strategically on the I-71 corridor with the ability to serve the Columbus, Cincinnati and Dayton markets. The farm consortium will continue to own the facility, and will operate it on behalf of CP. CP has also come to an agreement with G&W, which services the site through its Indiana & Ohio (IORY) line.
Waddy
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CP to Bluegrass Farms

Unread postby penn central » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:52 pm

That is good news. I looked on Google Maps its showing 94 miles to Jeffersonville south of Lima. That's a nice haul for the I&O. And Lima to Chicago is 232 miles looking at Google Maps. Mmm the last time i was to Sugar Street interlocking in Lima was in 2005 there wasn't a wye in the southwest quadrant. They will come up with a plan somehow.
penn central
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby CG Tower » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:21 am

penn central wrote:That is good news. I looked on Google Maps its showing 94 miles to Jeffersonville south of Lima. That's a nice haul for the I&O. And Lima to Chicago is 232 miles looking at Google Maps. Mmm the last time i was to Sugar Street interlocking in Lima was in 2005 there wasn't a wye in the southwest quadrant. They will come up with a plan somehow.

There is already a plan in the works. Surveying has been done for new wye tracks and interlocking at Sugar Street.

CG
-You are speaking in nonsense. This troubles me.

See all of my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtower/
CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby penn central » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:16 am

CG Tower wrote:
penn central wrote:That is good news. I looked on Google Maps its showing 94 miles to Jeffersonville south of Lima. That's a nice haul for the I&O. And Lima to Chicago is 232 miles looking at Google Maps. Mmm the last time i was to Sugar Street interlocking in Lima was in 2005 there wasn't a wye in the southwest quadrant. They will come up with a plan somehow.

There is already a plan in the works. Surveying has been done for new wye tracks and interlocking at Sugar Street.

CG

Very nice CG Tower.
penn central
Railroadfan...fan

Return to Ohio Talk