Everything/Anything CF&E thread...Part 3

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Everything/Anything CF&E thread...Part 3

Unread post by midland sub »

Don't be a foamer and blow a broken rail out of proportion. There's plenty of far newer rail that has the same issues with the change in temperature. Rails are going to break hopefully it's not underneath a train like recently in WV on CSX. If you eliminate all risk in everything the world will shut down and we will all be dead within a week.

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

Further west than most other stuff on here. Here is 13J at Etna Green and Plymouth.

Image13j etna green by Brent Kneebush, on Flickr

Image13j Plymouth by Brent Kneebush, on Flickr

And some random boom train heading east out of Piqua Yard in Fort Wayne.

ImageBoom Train Piqua Yard by Brent Kneebush, on Flickr

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bnsf8000 »

3/27/15. EB CF&E LIFW through Van Wert at 8:15AM. In charge were CFE 3024/3882 with 49 cars. Had 10 grain cars, 6 tank cars, 6 plastics hoppers, 8 gons and 19 box cars.

Per reports RJ Corman and NS were way east of Lima going along the line yesterday.

PW

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

IORY 4034 is on its last FWLI tonight. It is dead in tow way billed to the OHCR. Should be handed off to CSX in the morning. It is to be a full rebuild, not just a repaint.

EDIT
Didnt make it onto last nights train. Keep an eye out for it soon...

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Interesting it's going to the Ohio Central for that. The I&O sent 4030 to the B&P for work and paint and it's back in Cincinnati as I&O 3043.

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

midland sub wrote:Interesting it's going to the Ohio Central for that. The I&O sent 4030 to the B&P for work and paint and it's back in Cincinnati as I&O 3043.
I'm told they're starting a rebuild program at the OC shops since they weren't satisfied with the way 3042 turned out.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

That will be another orange loco for the CFE.

howeld
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by howeld »

I'm working a project in Van Wert (West Main Street) for next few days or weeks and was wondering what traffic is like on the CF&E durning the day right now. I know there is/was a curfew for track work that had most of NS trains running at night. When does that work wrap up and is it 5 days a week?

Thursday I saw two CSX locomotives go west light. I was off friday. Today so far there was a tie train going east around 9am.
Thanks
Derek.

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bnsf8000 »

Have mostly been daylight curfews through Van Wert for the oil trains. On occasion the CF&E has run the LIFW and occasional grain trains with CSX power on grainers during the day. Also, if they're not working MOW between Van Wert/Lima you may see/hear the CF&E LIVW. With the tie train dropping ties from Wayne St. eastside in Van Wert on out east of VW you may not see to many trains other than MOW ones. MOW equipment crews are around Convoy and east of there which is 7-8 rail miles west of Van Wert. So, the trackwork is moving close to VW now.

PW

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

The CSX grain trains have 48 hours to load so I presume they still can squeeze something through the curfew if needed. G&W assigns a flagger to the work area so if push comes to shove they can run a train. The NS trackage rights trains will just be scheduled for after the track curfew expires each day.

howeld
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by howeld »

Thanks for the reply. Seems my timing isn't going to work out for this project.