Lima Fostoria Connecting Railroad

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
DT&I
Commodore Perry

Lima Fostoria Connecting Railroad

Unread post by DT&I »

With NS and CSX both looking to cut various lines that aren't vital to the system, the former LE&W from Fostoria to Lima was spun off in early 2016 to some of the former higher-ups of the BLE before it became CN. The line from Fostoria to Arcadia remained under NS control with trackage rights granted along with access to Blair Yard to interchange. The line is dark with the exception of signals at diamonds with the CSX in Findlay. Once the tracks reach Lima they cross the IORY before they join CSX for the rest of the way to Erie Jct. where trains get back on their own rails.

A small yard is located in Findlay southwest of town where the local from Lima runs around it's train to head back. Goodrich Tire is the major customer along line as well the Beaverdam Elevator which receives unit grain trains. The largest customer is the refinery in Lima which receives large amounts of tanks at a time.

Roster:

LFCR 5500 - 5501
These are ex-NS C40-8's purchased after their retirement from NS' roster. These were the first two units painted in LFCR orange and black.
LFCR 3000 - 3001
These are ex-UP, nee-CNW SD40-2's that wear a patched out UP scheme.
LFCR 3002 - 3003
These two GP40-2's are also of UP heritage but wear GMTX colors, relettered for LFCR.
LFCR 2708
An ex-NREX, nee-SP SD40M-2 used as yard and surplus power when needed.

Trains:

LFC01 - Lima - Fostoria 5 days a week
LFC02 - Fostoria - Lima 5 days a week
LFC03 - Lima - Findlay local 5 days a week
LFC04G - Fostoria - Beaverdam unit grain as needed
LFC05G - Beaverdam - Fostoria unit grain as needed
LFC06Y - Lima Yard Job, as needed
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain