MiTrain F59PHI Mock up (versions 1-3)

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

MiTrain F59PHI Mock up (versions 1-3)

Unread post by Ypsi »

The first mockup of a F59PHI that I plan on modeling along with 3 MiTrain Burlington style Commuter coaches.

My scheme is based on the cars colors, and a simplified stripe scheme. Simple blue green blue and the MiTrain logo on the side. MDOT logo on the nose. Also note silly 5 digit number (19669) also like the 18533.

Let me know what you guys think, I will make changes and new schemes in the future, but this is the "first draft" type scheme. Here is the original engine scheme, photo by Jay Fitzgerald

MITrain RBRX 18533 Flint Michigan 05162011 by Jay Fitzgerald Photography, on Flickr
Last edited by Ypsi on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: MiTrain F59PHI Mock up (versions 1)

Unread post by Saturnalia »

I like your simplification! I however generally despise gray (and black, for that matter) locomotives, especially passenger.

Is there another color scheme that might work, in your opinion? I wonder what swapping gray and blue would look like, for instance?
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

MQT3001 wrote:I like your simplification! I however generally despise gray (and black, for that matter) locomotives, especially passenger.

Is there another color scheme that might work, in your opinion? I wonder what swapping gray and blue would look like, for instance?
I'm not going for pretty, I'm going for what I feel they would consider a paint scheme (and obviously I have simpler ideas for paint so far :lol:) I have a change I want to make tonight now that you mention it though.

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

version 2 with some revisions

Ypsi

Re: MiTrain F59PHI Mock up (versions 1-3)

Unread post by Ypsi »

Up to version 3 now, minor changes at this point. I have been getting good input from a couple members, and I appreciate it a lot. looking to actually paint a unit like this in the near future.

Rounded blue and green stripes on the end instead of looping it, along with changed some of the grabs to blue so they would contrast more, however I felt the other yellows were fine (on a real engine they would be reflective). Also note we are on a 4 digit number too, 9669 instead of the silly 5 digit 19669

And a second remake, CAT345C suggested black trucks again. I would not go with this on a model because the cars trucks are silver, will look more uniform then black skirt on silver engine I think.