United States of America Corridor

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
Burb8145
Railroadfan...fan

United States of America Corridor

Unread post by Burb8145 »

I would like to remind you that this is not an actual paper railroad, just a random concept I came up with, inspired by legostudios34's Southeast Corridor. Below is a Wikipedia-styled post.

The United States of America Corridor (USAC) is a fully electrified transcontinental railway, 25 tracks wide, that crosses the United States. Owned by every state the railroad passes through, it runs from Gotham City, New York (at a 50-track terminal within walking distance of the Batcave), through Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania; Cleveland, Ohio; along the extreme southern fringes of the southern suburbs of Chicago, Illinois; Lincoln, Nebraska; the southern suburbs of Denver, Colorado and through Area 51 to Acme Acres, California (at a 50-track terminal within walking distance of Acme Looniversity). The corridor reached record ridership in 2012, when one billion passengers, real-life and animated, rode on at least part of the corridor.

The corridor is used by 5,352 trains, including the premiere Murrica Express, the only USAC train with a first-class lounge. Most of the corridor also has frequent commuter rail service. The USAC is the slowest passenger rail line in the United States, with the maximum speed being illegal walking speed, therefore, a one-way trip across the entire corridor takes exactly 41 days and 40 nights. Branches to Possum Lake, Ontario, Canada (via the Lake Erie Bridge, which extends from Avonia, Pennsylvania to Port Asbestos, Ontario); Deshler, Ohio (via Fostoria); Durand, Michigan (via Detroit); Chicago, Illinois and Las Vegas, Nevada, though not considered part of the United States of America Corridor, see semi-infrequent service from routes that run largely on the corridor.

Between 2004 and 2006, several high-profile power failures delayed every train on the USAC up to five days. Railroad officials blamed railfans for the deterioration of the track and power supply system. Despite that, nothing has been done to fix these as of 2013. However, officials have decided that photography of any part of the USAC, even the trains, would be prohibited, which even applies to international and news wire photographers. The entire USAC has at-grade crossings at every road intersection, except for freeways and other limited-access roads.

The USAC's fleet consists of 3,000 electric engines (all of which are exactly the same as Amtrak's), 10,000 Amfleet Is and 500 Murrica Express trainsets, which were built in 1998 in Quebec and are seven feet wide. The entire line and it's branches are in it's own right-of-way and was built in six months in 1960. The main shops and yard are located in Elkhart, Indiana. Discount tickets for Murrica Express trains have been sold at several barter sites, Humphrey's Everything Store in Possum Lake, ON and at rayroadbrawl.com (the site on which you're reading this...kidding!).

Notable USAC passengers include Adam West, Burt Ward, Dalton Humphrey, Red Green, Steven Spielberg and various Fox News personalities.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
-Red Green

StupidFlee​t
Chinese Foooood

Re: United States of America Corridor

Unread post by StupidFlee​t »

You're scaring me.
Flickr

(23:10:05) MagnumForce: All precautions were taken

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

No. Just no. You fail at trolling. K bye.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

Sounds like a perfectly logical paper railroad to me.