Cincinnati South Eastern Railway

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
I&Ofan4life
Railroadfan...fan

Cincinnati South Eastern Railway

Unread post by I&Ofan4life »

The Cincinnati and Charlotte built a line from Cincinnati southward over mountains to Charlotte NC in the 1889. In 2013 the C&C filed bankruptcies and a new company the Cincinnati South Eastern took over. Motive power for the first day (5/13/13) is a GP10 and U30C. Inspection trip later tonight will revile track condition and what type of traffic other than car storage and coal we can haul. We will interchange and looking for allies in the Cincinnati. We also having a motive power shortage. Looking for more motive power to either buy or lease as we plan to reopen the line all the way to Charlotte. Currently closed due to washout and landsides. We do hope to interchange in Cincinnati and Charlotte. Also acquired is the right of way of the B&O Cincinnati to Parkersburg looking to rebuild the line .
Cincinnati South Eastern Railway. The Route Of The Dixielander

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Re: Cincinnati South Eastern Railway

Unread post by DT&I »

You wanna join our group?
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

I&Ofan4life
Railroadfan...fan

Sure I would like to join

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

I run the Penn Central on here and you can interchange with me in Cincinnati. I also have a locomotive leasing program coming on line June 1, Penn Central Leasing Co.(PCLX), and I'll have 178 locomotives available for lease(68 C44-9W's and 110 AC4400CW's) and you are welcome to lease any of those locos once our program becomes active on June 1.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

I&Ofan4life
Railroadfan...fan

Thank you for becoming an interchange partner! I may take you up on that offer as the we just got the railroad today and the prevoius mangement left it in a total mess they drove away all of the interchange partners at both ends and were pocketing money while the maintice was cut out. They also sold off all the power expect 2 engines the 29 (GP10) and the 03 (U30C) the 03 is a total wreck and is not able to be saved. The track is in such a bad condition that crews are afraid to operate over it! :shock: Tomorrow starts the rebuilding stage which is to rebuild the infastructer from the ground up, and replace the jointed rail with 130 LBS welded rail. I see alot of potintal in the railroad as I have had 5 calls from industrys asking how much rates are. Today we have already cleared away one of the landsides only to go around a bend and find a large washout with storage cars at the other end trapped by a collasped trestle. My plan is to have the line open in a week as the employees are planning on working nonstop to get the railroad profitable. The plan also includes upgrading the bridges. Conrailman75 do you have anything smaller as our bridges and rails cant handle the weight of the big engines even the U30C was too big. Thanks for letting me join the group everyone.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Check out my MQTX Leasing thread, we have plenty of smaller options for lease/purchase. We can do upgrades to the units as well. Crews can install MUGC (see that thread), convert units to slugs, upgrade electronics to dash-3 specs, whatever you want from our base in Grand Rapids, MI.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

I&Ofan4life
Railroadfan...fan

Okay I will MQT3001 thanks for the help. Also does anyone design new logos as we want to show industrys along the line we are not the old company but a new fresh start. :D The colors for engines decided by employees is maroon and dark blue

I&Ofan4life
Railroadfan...fan

We have found behind the first land slide (near the West Virgiana Ohio border) two complete sets of work trains :o and as I write this they are being towed out by a trucking company for free as the town they are based in is nearly dead due to no rail line to ship products out and they want to help us suceed! One set will go to Cincinnati yards formely the Ex PRR Undercliff yards (looking farther east to build a bigger yard) and the other to Charottle NC were when we get the leased 5 GP35's from MTQ3001. 3 will go to Charottle NC and the other 2 stay in Cincinnati with the CSE 29. We also own 1 caboose (going to buy more later on as we require our trains to have cabooses on them) 2 old passengers cars sitting in a tunnel for some reason with no rail for 2 miles each way!!!! :shock: We are still trying to figure out how they got there? We also heard that we may own a 2-8-0 somewhere in a barn in Tennesse. We keep uncoving new things and storys about the line each mile we push deeper into the old C&C line.Towns along the line are exicted for the coming of rail service again. One area looks like C&C just ran out of room and built a loop over it self to keep the grade at 2-3%. We do know that in Charottle NC we own a 23 track yard and shop area is located at Cincinnati. The biggest question of towns along the route is if Passenger trains are coming back, and we said we will look into it. At one town the Mayor said the Cincinnati South Eastern is the "Small Town American Route". We will work with any industrys to get traffic back and we will also be a trunk line too.

CarolinaSouthern
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CarolinaSouthern »

I welcome you to the group.

I control most of the Carolinas via the Carolina Southern, so if you need and/or want trackage rights, you can get them right now. We have links into Asheville, NC, West Jefferson, NC, Boone, NC, Seneca, SC, Greenville, SC, and of course Charlotte, NC.

Also, we have a shortline, the Northwestern Railroad, that runs from West Jefferson, NC, to Troutdale, VA, should you require a place to runs your trains.

You can interchange with us @ Asheville, NC, Boone, NC, Shelby, NC, and Hickory, NC.

Once again, Welcome. :)
Last edited by CarolinaSouthern on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carolina Southern - Home of The Carolina Road

I&Ofan4life
Railroadfan...fan

Thanks Carolina Southern the CSE hopes to shorten the routing of traffic heading fromthe great Carolinas to the midwest and maybe once we get the line fully operational we can dicuss run through trains? Also does the Carolina Southern operate to Willimington NC or Oak Island NC? If not would we would like to dicusses a partnership with the CS if we may call it that.

CarolinaSouthern
Railroadfan...fan

We run into both cities. A partnership can be arranged.

I&Ofan4life
Railroadfan...fan

Okay it wont be until later this week as we got alot of work to do to just get the main line up to 25 mph :o . We do have a question of operating a passenger train from Cincinnati Ohio to Willimington or Oak Island would the CS be up for that?

CarolinaSouthern
Railroadfan...fan

Of course. We have 2 diesel locos with steam generators, an EX-Conrail GP48U-2SG and an SDP34.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heartlandguy »

I'd be willing to work out an interchange in Cincinnati. The Detroit Southern can get traffic up to Detroit, MI and over to Columbus, OH.
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

I&Ofan4life
Railroadfan...fan

Digging deeper into the Mountain of trouble formerly knowen as the C&C we may have found a line to Charleston and onto Washington DC splitting from the main stem just over the West Virgiania Ohio Border and may have a connection to the M&N. More will be released as it is learned due to us just finding it. There was no mention of the line anywhere in the sale so we do not even know if we own that trackage. :shock:

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

FYI Marquette can offer auto-dump ballast trains of 65 cars each, with 3 starts per week if need be.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

I&Ofan4life
Railroadfan...fan

We will take you up on that offer MQT3001. We will be able to handle auto parts and finshed cars from Detroit in a special train and thats sounds good Detroit Southern. Carolina Southern we found in the woods one E8 and a E9 both jsut shells but we could also use CS locomotives to as I think they will be better equipped and maybe we can swap engines at Charottle?

CarolinaSouthern
Railroadfan...fan

Sends the E Units to us, and we'll rebuild them for you. We have a couple of turbocharged EMD 12-645E3s that we don't need right now and we can put them into your E units. Let us know what you think.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

The TSCR can interchange with you in Cincy via the AW if you like.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

I&Ofan4life
Railroadfan...fan

Okay that may take awhile as they are land locked in a tunnel with 2 passenger cars and no rail for 2 miles either way and then a mile of rail then a trestle is out on the north side and on the south the line is underwater! :shock: I now see the reason why the C&C went belly up but we are going to get up to a 50-60 mph railroad thanks to alot of towns helping to pay the rebuilding process. We will try to get to them tomorrow as the employees are wanting to see the CSE succeed :D . If we may ask the CS would you mind designing a paint scheme for our diesel engines (colors are Maroon and Dark blue) and we do have a U30C that the employees finally killed today putting it out of its pain it is just to heavy for the stick rail we got and it caught fire today while waiting to be marked for the CSE we can send it to you to scrap or make it into something if you want. The MOW say they will be able to get the line up and running to 25mph by Friday :shock: . No doubt in help with the Dump trains MQT3001 sent us. As for the Washington line it is looking like we do own it and that the line ends in a tunnel a few miles from the junction but theres one problem it ends in a tunnel that only has one end the other end is not there! :shock:
Last edited by I&Ofan4life on Mon May 13, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.