The Detroit Southern RR

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Re: The Detroit Southern RR

Unread post by heartlandguy »

M-CIFR16 crossing the AA at Diann. MQT 2032 (GP40-3), MQT 2035 (GP40-3), and 36 cars. Made a real nice catch this evening,

M-COFR16 departing Lima. DSR 703 (B30-7) and DSR 223 (GP38-2) with 27 cars.

A-FRWK16 at Grove City. DSR 401 (GP40), NS 8739 (C40-9), and 37 autoracks

A-WKFR16 rumbling through Jackson Center. DSR 400 (GP40) with 30 empty autoracks.

G-BTCO16 crossing the trestle at Orient. CSX 4009 (SD40-3) and CSX 7789 (C40-8W) with 65 grain loads.

J034-16 in Springfield. DSR 355 (GP35) and 10 tie gondolas.
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Our new power has arrived. 5 former CN/GTW GP40-2s came on property yesterday. They will be numbered 406 through 410, and remain in there CN or GTW paint for now. Also, autorack trains have started from the CSE. The first one ran yesterday. Southbounds will consist of mainly autorack loads, with a few empty auto-part boxes and flatcars. Northbounds will be mainly auto-part and frame loads, with some empty autoracks coming back north for loading from NC. The trains will be symboled A-DECI (southbound) and A-CIDE (northbound), and will be pulled with our newer motive power.
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

DSR #410, still in it's former GTW colors, led autorack train A-DECI19 south to Cincinnati and the CSE railway today. It is one of our recently purchased GP40-2s.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Crews have made it farther south on the former DT&I to Quincy. Everything from Lima northward was declared good for 45mph this weekend. Same was said with the trackage south from Washington C.H. to Midland City. That just leaves sections north and south of Springfield that need to be upgraded.

M-CIFR21 at Carleton, MI. DSR 403 (GP40), DSR 401 (GP40), and 31 cars

M-COFR21 at Malinta, crossing the MSRR. DSR 223 (GP38-2), DSR 222 (GP38-2), and 26 cars.

A-DECI21 in downtown Springfield. DSR 406 (GTW paint*, GP40-2), DSR 410(GTW paint*, GP40-2) and 45 autoracks + 10 mty boxcars for the CSE in Cincy.

A-WKFR21 changing crews in Lima. DSR 703 (B30-7) and 29 autoracks.

T-LIAD21 crossing CSX at XN in Leipsic. DSR 201 (GP38) with 16 cars

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

Your area of trackage rights from Diann to Detroit is now being taken over from CN by the new holding company Great Lakes Companies, LLC. We have inherited all former GTW trackage from CN, and that includes the DT&I between Detroit and Diann. We can discuss trackage rights on my GLCH thread, which is here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=27587

For now, you will have to not enter our tracks until we agree on something, and don't expect us to deliver or pick up anything for this business week while GLCH works out the logistics. After that, we will be dealing with LONG trains.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

59caddy wrote:Your area of trackage rights from Diann to Detroit is now being taken over from CN by the new holding company Great Lakes Companies, LLC. We have inherited all former GTW trackage from CN, and that includes the DT&I between Detroit and Diann. We can discuss trackage rights on my GLCH thread, which is here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=27587

For now, you will have to not enter our tracks until we agree on something, and don't expect us to deliver you anything for the next few days while GLCH works out the logistics. We can, however, pick up your loads in Diann, on your regular schedule.

FYI, "inheritance" only covers routes not already claimed, like this piece here. The DSRR has complete control barring other agreements you make with them. :wink:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

Your area of trackage rights from Diann to Detroit is now being taken over from CN by the new holding company Great Lakes Companies, LLC. We have inherited all former GTW trackage from CN, and that includes the DT&I between Detroit and Diann. We can discuss trackage rights on my GLCH thread, which is here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=27587

For now, you will have to not enter our tracks until we agree on something, and don't expect us to deliver you anything for the next few days while GLCH works out the logistics. We can, however, pick up your loads in Diann, on your regular schedule.

FYI, "inheritance" only covers routes not already claimed, like this piece here. The DSRR has complete control barring other agreements you make with them.
Sorry, what I mean is that we will have to cancel the trackage rights agreement, so you will stay off of our track, until we are ready to roll. And I don't mean inherited trackage, what I mean is that in founding our company, CN has granted GLCH free trackage to help build our company.

[Sorry for the lack of knowing, I am new at this and I am not to familiar at railroad business, so I am doing this as a form of practice for running a railroad business, if you will :lol: :mrgreen: ]

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

59caddy wrote:Sorry, what I mean is that we will have to cancel the trackage rights agreement, so you will stay off of our track, until we are ready to roll. And I don't mean inherited trackage, what I mean is that in founding our company, CN has granted GLCH free trackage to help build our company.

[Sorry for the lack of knowing, I am new at this and I am not to familiar at railroad business, so I am doing this as a form of practice for running a railroad business, if you will :lol: :mrgreen: ]
No worries, luckily there is a second main that was built on that stretch a few years ago. You can have one, and I can have the other. Works out pretty well... :)

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

Fine with me, is this ownership arrangement the way it is now, or do you need to buy or lease a track from me? If yes, then I can lease it to you as far as Monroe for only $5000/month, how does that sound?

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

59caddy wrote:Fine with me, is this ownership arrangement the way it is now, or do you need to buy or lease a track from me? If yes, then I can lease it to you as far as Monroe for only $5000/month, how does that sound?
Nope, don't need to buy or lease anything from you guys. That's the way it is now...

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

Okay then, let's keep it that way. Until where does this system exist?

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

59caddy wrote:Okay then, let's keep it that way. Until where does this system exist?
The double track exsists from Detroit to just north (about 300 yards) of the AA diamonds at Diann.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

heartlandguy wrote:DSR #410, still in it's former GTW colors, led autorack train A-DECI19 south to Cincinnati and the CSE railway today. It is one of our recently purchased GP40-2s.

Nice job on this heart!
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

heartlandguy wrote:
59caddy wrote:Okay then, let's keep it that way. Until where does this system exist?
The double track exsists from Detroit to just north (about 300 yards) of the AA diamonds at Diann.
Okay, if you want we can jointly build the remaining 300 yards in Diann, to make the system simpler.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

59caddy wrote:
heartlandguy wrote:
Okay, if you want we can jointly build the remaining 300 yards in Diann, to make the system simpler.
How many trains are you going to be running down to Diann?

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

How many trains will you be running to Diann?
I'm not sure yet, I just learned that GR&P owns the tracks I thought I got from CN.

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

You know what, you can buy the track from Diann to Monroe, because GR&P owns the tracks from Detroit to Toledo. I don't want to have trackage rights on that track, and without the TR we have no connection to external track networks via this. Since I have given this offer to GR&P as well, we will have a bidding competition, with a base price of $40,000. If you want it, place bids on the GLCH thread.

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

59caddy wrote:You know what, you can buy the track from Diann to Monroe, because GR&P owns the tracks from Detroit to Toledo. I don't want to have trackage rights on that track, and without the TR we have no connection to external track networks via this. Since I have given this offer to GR&P as well, we will have a bidding competition, with a base price of $40,000. If you want it, place bids on the GLCH thread.
It seems that GR&P is not interested in having the line, so I can just sell it to you for just $30,000. This includes access to Flat Rock Yard, and you can do whatever you want with these tracks. Unless GR&P changes their mind, you are welcome to buy it. 8)

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

59caddy wrote:
59caddy wrote:You know what, you can buy the track from Diann to Monroe, because GR&P owns the tracks from Detroit to Toledo. I don't want to have trackage rights on that track, and without the TR we have no connection to external track networks via this. Since I have given this offer to GR&P as well, we will have a bidding competition, with a base price of $40,000. If you want it, place bids on the GLCH thread.
It seems that GR&P is not interested in having the line, so I can just sell it to you for just $30,000. This includes access to Flat Rock Yard, and you can do whatever you want with these tracks. Unless GR&P changes their mind, you are welcome to buy it. 8)
This is from Diann to Monroe, right?

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

Heartlandguy wrote:This is from Diann to Monroe, right?
Yep. Are you sending us the bill tonight? If you are, the acquisition can be effective at midnight tonight.

The line is clear of our power and equipment.