The Atlantic and Pacific Railroad

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
MagnumForce
Angry Man

The Atlantic and Pacific Railroad

Unread post by MagnumForce »

I performed a hostile takeover of all of your railroads, the entire North American Rail system is mine, you are all my employees. This is a monoply, all your base are belong to us. There is nothing you can do, your stockholders have spoken.

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

Re: The Atlantic and Pacific Railroad

Unread post by legostudios34 »

MagnumForce wrote:I performed a hostile takeover of all of your railroads, the entire North American Rail system is mine, you are all my employees. This is a monoply, all your base are belong to us. There is nothing you can do, your stockholders have spoken.
HPR is not publicly traded. So that means you cant buy the stock. End of story.
Baxter Barnes. 21. Alabama.
Meow. Now you know how to speak cat. -Flickr

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Marquette is not public either. Sorry.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

StupidFlee​t
Chinese Foooood

Unread post by StupidFlee​t »

Doesn't matter. He still owns all.
Flickr

(23:10:05) MagnumForce: All precautions were taken

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

I'm sorry but Obama and Attorney General Holder have filed a lawsuit against you for violating the Sherman Anti trust act and they are seeking $14 trillion dollars in damages from you! :twisted: :evil:
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

MagnumForce
Angry Man

STB has determined that trucks are viable competition so there is no monopoly. MQT is employee owned, well I simply hored all your employees, I got some favors from the FEDs for HPR, you failed to pay a lien, I bought the HPR for pennies on the dollar.

This makes as much sense as anything else you guys put on here so again, I own it all, you might as well pack it in and go home. K Thx Bai

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

I have filed a lawsuit against you for violation of my 4th amendment rights for illegally seizing my property without payment and am seeking $50 million in damages and I will take this suit to the supreme court. BTW Brent, I ain't no kid, I'm a 37 yr old man who does this for fun. When I was the age of most of the kids on here, I was creating fictional railroad histories with pencil and paper. Did any of them make sense? No, but I had fun creating them. If you don't like any of what goes on here, quit reading this forum!!!! I had enough of bullying from immature people when I was in school, I don't need it here!!!! Zack, can we lock this thread?
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Who says I am not seriously playing out a scenario?

4th amendment deals with illegal seizure by the government, your gruff must now be with them. Seems a pedantic detail was missed by your accounting team. As it stands now I still own everything. Now figure out a way to deal with it. The possibilities are endless.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

I'm done dealing with you Brent, you can keep bullying these kids all you want but it just shows your true colors as well as your maturity level. From this point forward I am going to prove who the real man is by ignoring you and going about my business as if you don't even exist and this is the last comment I am going to waste my time on in regards to you.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Alright, taking your ball and going home. Roger.

You really need to lighten up, this is all light hearted and I really am serious.

I am no bully, if you have ever met me you would know I am an incredibly nice and accommodating individual who loves to hand out information, help and friendship to anyone who asks. Thanks for judging though.

Now back to the A&P, what shall you do to stop my stranglehold? Court orders? Injunctions? Investigations? Strikes by railroad trade unions? Sway public opinion against me? Seriously, play this out.

ES44AH
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ES44AH »

I honestly think this is logical but, the M&N is off limits. We are (and have been) protected by the state of Maryland since we became our own entity. Because the B&O line to Pittsburg is M&N, it is also protected, as is the M&N yard and Roadrailer terminal. That's all i am posting, good day to you.
Western Maryland-The Fast Freight Line.

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Present your case and legal evidence, I can also be swayed by bribes and personal favors.

Wouldn't you like a nice cushy corner office at our Ohio City Headquarters overlooking, well not really anything out there, but you will be paid very well and we would be glad to have an administrator with your experience on board with us.

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

Unread post by legostudios34 »

MagnumForce wrote:Present your case and legal evidence, I can also be swayed by bribes and personal favors.

Wouldn't you like a nice cushy corner office at our Ohio City Headquarters overlooking, well not really anything out there, but you will be paid very well and we would be glad to have an administrator with your experience on board with us.
I much prefer my trailer at the High Point yard and my relatively lousy salary to anything A&P offers.
Baxter Barnes. 21. Alabama.
Meow. Now you know how to speak cat. -Flickr

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Not really going to get into this but IF this happened to me here is what I would do:
1. Start off with TV ads attacking the A&P "low shipping costs? Forget it, with the A&P you will be charged a price, there is no choice, it's as if you have lost the right to choose, but maybe YOU could do something about it, go to http://www.stopthemonopoly.com and let your voice be heard"
2. Then once the ad is out and site is up start a petition to throw out the monopoly.
3. Take this to court and have shippers and operators(a few in particular) testify against the A&P. Present my evidence about economical things and how this would hurt Americans.
Would be worth a shot.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Brilliant, Owen. Get it going, demand action, use logic to defeat the A&P.

Meanwhile I have announced the A&P is taking the high road and is divesting itself of non core assets. What that means remains to be seen.

ES44AH
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ES44AH »

MagnumForce wrote:Present your case and legal evidence, I can also be swayed by bribes and personal favors.

We have contacted MDOT the will give us the file tomorrow. Also, I am perfectly happy in my fairly large office in the old B&O headquarters office building.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

ES44AH wrote:

We have contacted MDOT the will give us the file tomorrow. Also, I am perfectly happy in my fairly large office in the old B&O headquarters office building.
For a second, I was thinking "why is a NE RR doing business with the Michigan Dept of Transportation". Then remembered Maryland copied Michigan :twisted:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I have some pictures of Mags wearing a U of M shirt singing Hail to the Victors :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

ES44AH
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ES44AH »

MQT3001 wrote:
ES44AH wrote:

For a second, I was thinking "why is a NE RR doing business with the Michigan Dept of Transportation". Then remembered Maryland copied Michigan :twisted:
OR.... Michigan copied Maryland :lol: :twisted:

MagnumForce
Angry Man

As a point of clarification, this is outside the bounds of the group. I am not playing by those rules, I do not know nor care where your railroads go, I am do not care about trackage rights or the like this is simply a what if game to me. Your job is to use logical arguments to stop me or limit my power. I am the big, mean A&P raping and pillaging all you hold dear.