The Atlantic and Pacific Railroad

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
StupidFlee​t
Chinese Foooood

Re: The Atlantic and Pacific Railroad

Unread post by StupidFlee​t »

Jochs wrote:So is the Canadian division known as Canadian Railways Atlantic Pacific (CRAP?) :mrgreen:

Yes, and the Canadian side is running quite well.
Flickr

(23:10:05) MagnumForce: All precautions were taken

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

As Chief Mechanical Officer of the A&P, we have developed the ES70AC-2 which is designed to put GE out of business since we already have EMD under our belt, it is Greg approved:
This is A&P 1, a demo, if you look closely you can see a few pieces of GLLX 3001.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

The A&P is currently recycling old railroad equipment, which will be used to build new railroad equipment.
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

You will have an economic disaster with this many assets. You never talked about how you fit the infrastructure of the different railroads together. You talk about how you keep closing yards and tracks. By doing this, you lose customers; then you lose money. So then you abandon more track, and lose more customers and money. You still have huge debts to pay off to CN and CP. You don't seem to want any competition, so your services will be worse and worse and worse as you all sit back and relax. Since you're the only railroad option customers have, they are more likely to turn to trucks instead if there's something about your corporation they don't like. Your corporation is simply too big to handle everything. You will have so much debt, you won't even know what you're paying for. These would be things like HUGE taxes, very old payouts, and probably around 5-7 FRA reportable incidents every DAY. If you keep abandoning tracks, which you still have to do to stay profitable, you will have a very low base for the money required for the above expenses. Basically, I would keep in mind that the company is leading itself to an eventual downfall.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

A&P RAYRODE DETECTOR DEFFEEANSAY OHIO TRACK THREE NO DEFECTIVE EQUIPMENT OUT
Bottom text.

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

59caddy wrote:You will have an economic disaster with this many assets. You never talked about how you fit the infrastructure of the different railroads together. You talk about how you keep closing yards and tracks. By doing this, you lose customers; then you lose money. So then you abandon more track, and lose more customers and money. You still have huge debts to pay off to CN and CP. You don't seem to want any competition, so your services will be worse and worse and worse as you all sit back and relax. Since you're the only railroad option customers have, they are more likely to turn to trucks instead if there's something about your corporation they don't like. Your corporation is simply too big to handle everything. You will have so much debt, you won't even know what you're paying for. These would be things like HUGE taxes, very old payouts, and probably around 5-7 FRA reportable incidents every DAY. If you keep abandoning tracks, which you still have to do to stay profitable, you will have a very low base for the money required for the above expenses. Basically, I would keep in mind that the company is leading itself to an eventual downfall.

I agree with everything you are saying, but this is paper railroads and logic be dammed.

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

MagnumForce wrote:So making stuff up on the paper railroads board gets you on the ignore list?
Paper railroads are serious business...except for the A & P. :P

Practice Safe A&P

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Our VP Railfan Relations Mr. Noname Bnoengr has just announced a new program for railfan. "We will charge everyone $100/day to take pictures, limit 2 per day. If unapproved pictures are taken, you are arrested and charged with trespassing and fined $1000 for each offense. We feel that this opportunity will bring a new found appreciation for the value of the A&P. We value our railfan and we also value the revenue they will now provide."

You may wonder how we can administrate this but the special powers granted to Mr. Noname Bnoengr by homeland security have made this easy to do. You cannot prove you were not on railroad property we can't prove you were but we will lie and since we are us we will believe us over you.

Please send all checks to our Ohio City HQ, care of "Foam go home"

Roll on APHBG&B!

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

MagnumForce wrote:Our VP Railfan Relations Mr. Noname Bnoengr has just announced a new program for railfan. "We will charge everyone $100/day to take pictures, limit 2 per day. If unapproved pictures are taken, you are arrested and charged with trespassing and fined $1000 for each offense. We feel that this opportunity will bring a new found appreciation for the value of the A&P. We value our railfan and we also value the revenue they will now provide."

You may wonder how we can administrate this but the special powers granted to Mr. Noname Bnoengr by homeland security have made this easy to do. You cannot prove you were not on railroad property we can't prove you were but we will lie and since we are us we will believe us over you.

Please send all checks to our Ohio City HQ, care of "Foam go home"

Roll on APHBG&B!
The A&P has recently purchased all property along railroad rights-of-way, which makes it impossible to take photos of trains without permission. Also, lots of revenue is generated by renting out homes and businesses near the tracks. However, since they are rented, and not owned by the tenants, they cannot allow photos to be taken without charging the standard $100 fee/day.
The A&P was already into real estate, as they sold took up all rails in MI and sold the railroad property to the state.
Jeff O.

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Now you are just being silly, you only know about CRAP.

Go home Mr. Ochs, you're drunk.

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

Unread post by legostudios34 »

Are there any job openings at the A&P or the CRAP? I need a new job after HPR was taken over by you guys.
Baxter Barnes. 21. Alabama.
Meow. Now you know how to speak cat. -Flickr

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Since we exist in our own reality your HPR surely still exists in your own reality. This is all for fun, don't want hurt feelings.

Anyway we do have some openings in our buildings and structures department that I think you would well suited for, write our Ohio City HQ.

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

The A&P's success in Canada has allowed the company to purchase all rails in Mexico.
The Mexican division is Mexico A&P....or MAP. Your freight will never get lost on the MAP.
Jeff O.

StupidFlee​t
Chinese Foooood

legostudios34 wrote:Are there any job openings at the A&P or the CRAP? I need a new job after HPR was taken over by you guys.
We do need somebody to run our Southeastern Division.
Flickr

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

Unread post by legostudios34 »

MagnumForce wrote:Since we exist in our own reality your HPR surely still exists in your own reality. This is all for fun, don't want hurt feelings.

Anyway we do have some openings in our buildings and structures department that I think you would well suited for, write our Ohio City HQ.
I know, I just wanna play along.
Baxter Barnes. 21. Alabama.
Meow. Now you know how to speak cat. -Flickr

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

The US Government has ordered you to downsize; you must divest yourselves of any trackage that gives you a monopoly. This trackage will be restored to other private corporations. The government calls for this to ensure that you do not have a monopoly of America's rail system.

I'm just teasin' ya' :lol:

MagnumForce
Angry Man

We have so much dirt on everyone in the gov't that no one can touch us. Being married to the mob has it's benefits! Now we are in with the Mexican Cartels, nothing can stop us!

All your base are belong to us!

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heartlandguy »

A&P Rayrode Updates as of 9:32:45. It was beautiful perfect evening for shooting two pics of the stunningly stunning A&P Owange locomoatives. I dont no symbils vewy well, so input is helpfull

-EB at "Oh,Hi"o City Headquarters with 2 Thundercab units and 88 autoracks, 1 TOFC, & a tankcar (90 cars)
-WB at DR Double-decker Tower. Crossing the A&P Toyledo Division w/ 3 SD70M-2s and 50 COFCs, 50 TOFCs, and 1 CH (101 cars)
-NB waiting in siding at S. Dweshler. with 1 Thundercab and 67 mixed freight cars..
-SB Grain train comin at Tootogany. Dont know teh power.
-Yard Job working in Limaland. One longhood fourword SD70M-2 and 1 tankcar for teh refineery.

OMG HEADS UP!!! A&P #1, teh ES70AC-2 demo unit is solo on dirty dirt loads heading for Canada and the CRAP RR. Train is departing Garrett, EB. HEADS UP CP BERNT, HAMLER, DWESHLER, TOOTOGANY, and Northward points north!!!!!!!111!!

That all for now kthnxbai.
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

heartlandguy wrote:OMG HEADS UP!!! A&P #1, teh ES70AC-2 demo unit is solo on dirty dirt loads heading for Canada and the CRAP RR. Train is departing Garrett, EB. HEADS UP CP BERNT, HAMLER, DWESHLER, TOOTOGANY, and Northward points north!!!!!!!111!!
I will git GR8 SHOTZ and KEEP UM CUMMIN.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

StupidFlee​t
Chinese Foooood

COO Lolz was out today inspecting the rayrode. Photo by Walt Hurlman, Company Juicer, with his iPhone4S with a 100-400 lens.
Last edited by StupidFlee​t on Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flickr