Calling All Steamers: GR Steamfest 2013

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
59caddy
bag of holding

Re: Calling All Steamers: GR Steamfest 2013

Unread post by 59caddy »

conrailman75 wrote: Now from K-zoo to GR you can run your 3 trips up and back because that portion of the line is open for use during the festival. I will talk to the traffic department and let you know how we will slot you in with the other excursion moves that will be running before and after the festival.
Come to think of it, I will only need to run trips to K-zoo, so you can disregard going all the way to Ft Wayne. I will edit the original post.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

59caddy wrote:
conrailman75 wrote: Now from K-zoo to GR you can run your 3 trips up and back because that portion of the line is open for use during the festival. I will talk to the traffic department and let you know how we will slot you in with the other excursion moves that will be running before and after the festival.
Come to think of it, I will only need to run trips to K-zoo, so you can disregard going all the way to Ft Wayne. I will edit the original post.
You can run your TOL-GRR on MQT. Please make stops at Toledo (CSX's problem), Plymouth just south of the Wye, Downtown Howell, Lansing at MSU (AMTK Station is on the CN), Grand Ledge & East Grand Rapids at Seymour. Final discharge will be on the coach tracks in Wyoming Yard. We will allow small temporary stations, please file for permits with our engineering department. Please also file power & equipment with operations. We will supply an engineer & conductor for the trains, you supply the rest. Conductor will just be in-cab, you will supply the in-train one.

Same goes with the PC routing, you won't have any stations on our tracks besides Wyoming Yard, and like I said, you have those covered. You will have to use PC crews, make sure they are qualified onto the MQT for the short run.

PLEASE note you may only operate on the 3rd, 4th & 5th of July. Those are going to be our busiest days. No need on the rest of them. We have decided to double up on trains on the 4th, so make them twice as long instead of having 2.

Your train symbols:

July 3rd, 4th & 5th, One of these each day:
P-TOLGRR Arrive GRR @ 11:00
P-GRRTOL Depart GRR @ 19:00
P-HUGGRR (pending PC approval on their end) Arrive GRR 11:00
P-GRRHUG (pending PC approval on their end) Depart GRR 19:00

Those Arrival & Departure times are what we need, it is up to our engineering dept to set the rest of the schedule. Please know that your Toledo Trains will run on a freight schedule at passenger speed. Your overall time will match freight due to your stopping.

If you need anything, let us know.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

ES44AH
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ES44AH »

Ok, everything is ready to go, I will send my stuff up on Thurday the 26th. The Tom Thumb is operational if you want to run it.
Western Maryland-The Fast Freight Line.

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

ES44AH, can you please keep your engines hanging around the Michigan area until November?

ES44AH
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ES44AH »

The Y-class no, that has to go back into coal service, but the rest yes. We'll send something up to take the Y's place after the expo

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

ES44AH wrote:The Y-class no, that has to go back into coal service, but the rest yes. We'll send something up to take the Y's place after the expo
It can sit in Wyoming in the roundhouse even if you want, for a nominal storage charge :wink:

ES44AH
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ES44AH »

MQT3001 wrote:
ES44AH wrote:The Y-class no, that has to go back into coal service, but the rest yes. We'll send something up to take the Y's place after the expo
It can sit in Wyoming in the roundhouse even if you want, for a nominal storage charge :wink:
As long as the 1840s equipment is safe, they can stay until November. After the expo, The Y will be put back into service in Western Maryland for heavy coal. We are sending our heritage unit MNTX 7609 a EM-1. it will be sent July 10.

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

ES44AH wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:
As long as the 1840s equipment is safe, they can stay until November. After the expo, The Y will be put back into service in Western Maryland for heavy coal. We are sending our heritage unit MNTX 7609 a EM-1. it will be sent July 10.
ES44AH, you should send your steamers to the Steam Railroading Institute in Owosso, Michigan, as they have more experience and equipment for steam engines, and they can use your's to run excursions and attract business.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

SRI now operates under the Marquette Rail Historical Society. We have PM 1223 & 1225. And we have a whole roundhouse to store just such stuff.

ES44AH
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ES44AH »

We have tarps that go over the Tom Thumb and the wooden Coaches, special care has to be taken for these.

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

MQT3001 wrote:SRI now operates under the Marquette Rail Historical Society. We have PM 1223 & 1225. And we have a whole roundhouse to store just such stuff.
Since when has that been so? :shock: :?

Can I buy it from you?

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

59caddy wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:SRI now operates under the Marquette Rail Historical Society. We have PM 1223 & 1225. And we have a whole roundhouse to store just such stuff.
Since when has that been so? :shock: :?

Can I buy it from you?
Nope.

I proclaimed it mine shortly after starting.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

MQT3001 wrote:I proclaimed it mine shortly after starting.
And now I'm proclaiming it mine, and cancelling the event.
Bottom text.

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

Y@ wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:I proclaimed it mine shortly after starting.
And now I'm proclaiming it mine, and cancelling the event.
Oh goodness :roll:

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

Why are you having a large outdoor festival in November?

ES44AH
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ES44AH »

no the steamfest is in July, they want me to keep my engines up there until November

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

ES44AH wrote:no the steamfest is in July, they want me to keep my engines up there until November
Never mind about this, take 'em back after the GR festival. :oops:

ES44AH
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ES44AH »

You sure? If you want them to hang up there, thats fine.

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

ES44AH wrote:You sure? If you want them to hang up there, thats fine.
I'm sure. I had ideas for my own steam festival, but I decided that with this one, it's too many for the year.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

All right, heard back from FWRHS and my friends from the CCP&S. FWRHS will send the 765 over to Ft. Wayne on Friday June 28th and it will then head north on the GR&I and be stored in Hughart yard until the MQT is ready for it. As for the CCP&S, they will be sending their engines over, along with 30 passenger cars which will arrive at Ft. Wayne on Thursday June 27th. This equipment will be stored until Friday June 28th at Piqua yard and then be assembled into excursion trains to run up to Grand Rapids and it will sit at Hughart with the other equipment until its needed on the MQT. NS is loaning us the PC heritage unit 1073 and the PRR 8102 and NYC 1066. The 1073 will run with the FP7 on the business train, which will run on Saturday June 29th. The 8102 and 1066 will run up on a FWGR on Sunday June 30th. The NS units will be kept on display with the business train during the week at Hughart and not go over to the MQT.

Traffic department is going to use the symbol "EXC" for all excursion runs and will number them in the 600 series with odds for south/westbounds and evens for north/eastbounds.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH