Delphos & Eastern RR

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Delphos & Eastern RR

Unread post by heartlandguy »

Hello! I am new here, though have lurked before. I've seen all the other Paper Railroads, so I thought I would try my hand at one myself. Starting small, the Delphos & Eastern RR runs out of Delphos, OH to Carey, on the former Akron, Canton, and Youngstown RR. Operations are as followed (times are a rough estimate):

-Called at 800am at Delphos.
-Gathers cars and heads east to Carey anywhere from 1030am to 1100am, switching all industries/interchanges along the way
-Arrives at Carey around 1pm, gets lunch, works quarry and interchanges.
-Departs Carey at around 230-3pm, works any remaining industry along the way
-Into Delphos by 4ish, redistributes cars for any other interchange in town, ties up around 530pm.

Full Roster:
DERR 1200-1205: RS-3
DERR 1300, 1301: SD18
DERR 1302, 1303: SD35

Industry list:

AC&Y Sub:
Delphos, OH:
-Central Soya (covered hoppers),
-I&K Distributors (Boxcars, Refers)
-MSRR Interchange (grain)
-PC Interchange (grain, plastic pellets)
Rimer, OH:
-Rimer Stone Co (Stone hoppers, occasional lime hoppers)
Columbus Grove, OH:
-FGIE Feeds (occasional covered hopper),
-CSX interchange (hoppers of Petroleum Coke from Lima)
Pandora, OH:
-Crop Production Service (covered hoppers, tank cars),
-Pandora Farmers Elevator (covered hoppers, occasional unit trains)
Bluffton, OH:
-DTR Industries (Cov. Hoppers of plastic pellets, carbon black),
-NS interchange (Carbon black for DTR)
Jenera, OH:
-Jenera Grain (covered hoppers, occasional unit train)
Arlington, OH:
-Crop Production Services (Cov. Hoppers, tank cars)
Carey, OH:
-Continental Structural Plastics (Cov Hoppers of plastic pellets),
-National Lime & Stone (Stone hoppers, lime hoppers, sand hoppers),
-Wynadot Dolomite (cement hoppers),
-W&LE Interchange (Petro. Coke from CSX in CG, hoppers from Bunge in Delphos)
-CSX Interchange (Unit Grain Trains)

Venedocia Sub:
Landeck, OH:
-D&D Distributors (Covered hoppers, tank cars)
Venedocia, OH:
-Hemker Grain (Covered Hoppers)

Some more updates, and maybe a paint scheme, will follow. Questions or comments are welcome.

heartlandguy
Last edited by heartlandguy on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:37 pm, edited 9 times in total.
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Re: Delphos & Eastern RR

Unread post by Ypsi »

Welcome to the board! Glad to see your first post in paper RRs 8)

I operate the Ann Arbor Railroad (AA)

If u ever need any work done on any of your engines or cars that you can not do,feel free to send them up to Toledo, the Ann Arbor should be able to help you out. I also can do paint schemes if you need them.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Do you wish to also interchange with the Maumee Southern at Delphos? I dont think you connect with the TSCR but the MSRR operates over the former NKP into Delphos and we mainly serve Central Soya there and also spot cars for the Penn Central.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:Welcome to the board! Glad to see your first post in paper RRs 8)

I operate the Ann Arbor Railroad (AA)

If u ever need any work done on any of your engines or cars that you can not do,feel free to send them up to Toledo, the Ann Arbor should be able to help you out. I also can do paint schemes if you need them.
Thanks! I think I've seen a couple of your units, they look pretty good. I'll keep that in mind. Do your shops have experience with ALCOs? We've got enough parts and pieces around for most repairs, but haven't had anything major happen yet.

heartlandguy
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

DT&I wrote:Do you wish to also interchange with the Maumee Southern at Delphos? I dont think you connect with the TSCR but the MSRR operates over the former NKP into Delphos and we mainly serve Central Soya there and also spot cars for the Penn Central.
Sure! Our main would join yours north of Delphos, and our little yard would be southwest of town. Does that work ok? What all would you like to interchange?

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

heartlandguy wrote:
DT&I wrote:Do you wish to also interchange with the Maumee Southern at Delphos? I dont think you connect with the TSCR but the MSRR operates over the former NKP into Delphos and we mainly serve Central Soya there and also spot cars for the Penn Central.
Sure! Our main would join yours north of Delphos, and our little yard would be southwest of town. Does that work ok? What all would you like to interchange?
Works fine! Well it would kind of be a bridge between Toledo and your railroad, anything you need shipped over WCSR, TSCR, MQT, AA, NS, or CN. That is only if you need anything shipped up that way. Our yard always has our ex-C&O S2 in it so you can use it to switch your cars as needed if you like.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

DT&I wrote:
heartlandguy wrote:
Works fine! Well it would kind of be a bridge between Toledo and your railroad, anything you need shipped over WCSR, TSCR, MQT, AA, NS, or CN. That is only if you need anything shipped up that way. Our yard always has our ex-C&O S2 in it so you can use it to switch your cars as needed if you like.
I&K in Delphos is the biggest thing that comes to mind. They get most of their supplies from Lipiari foods in Warren, MI. There is a set of tracks that go right by it. I dont know whose they are though.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

ill look it up later and let you know.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

DT&I wrote:ill look it up later and let you know.
Thanks! In the mean time, theres a couple of bigger elevators on the line (Pandora and Jenera), if you wanted some more traffic on your MSRR trains, would it work to send some traffic that way?

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

My shop workers can work on any make or model of any alco, GE, or EMD diesel.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

DCT-16 (Delphos-Carey Turn) is getting its cars together in Delphos. Short train so far. DERR 1200 and 1202 and 16 cars in all. 8 CHs from Bunge/Central Soya for W&LE, 3 CHs for Pandora, 4 CHs for Jenera, 1 pellet hopper for CSP in Carey.

7 hoppers of Petro. Coke are sitting in the interchange at Columbus Grove for pick-up.

CSX wants to bulid a transfer at Carey, OH in the SW corner for grain trains from Pandora or Jenera.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

heartlandguy wrote:
Thanks! In the mean time, theres a couple of bigger elevators on the line (Pandora and Jenera), if you wanted some more traffic on your MSRR trains, would it work to send some traffic that way?
Sure! We already have a unit grain train running to Maumee and back, we could just add the extra cars on the end.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

DT&I wrote:
heartlandguy wrote:
Sure! We already have a unit grain train running to Maumee and back, we could just add the extra cars on the end.
Alrighty then.

DCT-16 is working its way back west, currently crossing the TCSR at Arlington, OH. 10 empties for Central Soya and about 20 empty open hoppers for service at Rimer. The cars are mainly WE hoppers, but a few OOOX cars were in the mix. They will be spotted there and will be used for transporting stone from Rimer to Carey, where they will be tacked on to an eastbound W&LE.
Last edited by heartlandguy on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Ohhhh you do cross the TSCR at Arlington. CSX sold the Toledo Branch to IC&N in 2004 and the TC&P bought it and now the TSCR owns it.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

DT&I wrote:Ohhhh you do cross the TSCR at Arlington. CSX sold the Toledo Branch to IC&N in 2004 and the TC&P bought it and now the TSCR owns it.
Didnt know that. Thanks for the tip!

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

heartlandguy wrote:
DT&I wrote:Ohhhh you do cross the TSCR at Arlington. CSX sold the Toledo Branch to IC&N in 2004 and the TC&P bought it and now the TSCR owns it.
Didnt know that. Thanks for the tip!
Welcome!

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Here is a painting of DERR 1200. Just a simple maroon and yellow scheme. Engines 1200-1205 have a selected city under the number. 1200= City of Delphos, 1201= City of Columbus Grove, 1202= City of Pandora, 1203= City of Bluffton, 1204= City of Jenera, 1205= City of Carey.
The drawing itself is from Trainiax, copyright Michael Eby.

Last edited by heartlandguy on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

heartlandguy wrote:Here is a painting of DERR 1200. Just a simple maroon and yellow scheme. Engines 1200-1205 have a selected city under the number. 1200= City of Delphos, 1201= City of Columbus Grove, 1202= City of Pandora, 1203= City of Bluffton, 1204= City of Jenera, 1205= City of Carey.

http://railroadfan.com/gallery/displayi ... play_media
Very nice!

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

DT&I wrote:
heartlandguy wrote:Here is a painting of DERR 1200. Just a simple maroon and yellow scheme. Engines 1200-1205 have a selected city under the number. 1200= City of Delphos, 1201= City of Columbus Grove, 1202= City of Pandora, 1203= City of Bluffton, 1204= City of Jenera, 1205= City of Carey.

http://railroadfan.com/gallery/displayi ... play_media
Very nice!
Thanks DT&I. They do look pretty good when paired up. We usually just use 2 on our road turn. A 3rd will occasionaly come out for grain or heavy stone trains.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

DCT-16 is setting off the open hoppers at Rimer. The workers there are eager to start rail service. Rimer will also be the main source of ballast on the line, so most trains will come from there unless noted otherwise.