Maumee Southern Railroad

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
DT&I
Commodore Perry

Re: Maumee Southern Railroad

Unread post by DT&I »

G002-11 rumbling through McClure with 32 hoppers for CSX in Toledo. MSRR 993(U30C) and ICS 1000(GP38AC).
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

G002-97 @ Providence, Clear TSCR diamond, ICS 208 and 404. 34 hoppers.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

G001-38 @ McClure - MSRR 477(C424) ICS 404(GP40-2) 37 covered hoppers from the DERR and 25 covered hoppers from Central Soya.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heartlandguy »

Do you still have some covered hoppers for sale? DERR would like to buy seven of them and put them in grain shuttle service between our two elevators and the Anderson's in Toledo. I'm no covered hopper expert, so could you tell me which ones would be better for this service? Also, what condition are they in?
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Yesterday was the first day since November 12th that an Alco ran on a train.

Also PS2 3 bay CH's will do fine, they are in great condition and are painted in grey, they are stored in Waterville along with the stone hoppers. Price for each is 35,000 since these are newer.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

DT&I wrote:Also PS2 3 bay CH's will do fine, they are in great condition and are painted in grey, they are stored in Waterville along with the stone hoppers. Price for each is 35,000 since these are newer.
OK, thanks for the info! I'll take seven of them for $245,000 in all. Go ahead and drop them in our yard of Delphos on the next train...
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Sounds good.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

G001-30 rolling north of Delphos with ICS 205(SD45T-2) and ICS 404(GP40-2) and about 35 hoppers for TSCR.

G002-39 switching Johns Manville Plant 8 in Waterville. MSRR 884(C424), MSRR 4727(GP40) and MSRR 567(C424) and 14 hoppers for JM P8, 6 hoppers for JM P1, 2 boxcars for Rimer Enterprises, 3 covered hoppers for Providence CO-OP, 4 covered hoppers for Grand Rapids CO-OP, 1 boxcar for Buckeye Hydraulics, 2 boxcars for A Plus Engineering, 3 boxcars for Saylor Products, 4 covered hoppers for McClure Grain CO-OP, 3 covered hoppers for Midwestern Agri-Grain, 7 tank cars for Elery Products, 1 covered hopper for New Bavaria Feed, 3 covered hoppers for Farmers Elevator Grain & Supply, 5 boxcars for Ultimate Systems, and 6 covered hoppers for the DERR. 64 cars to be switched.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

G001 took the siding at Continental and waited for G002 to pass. G001 ended up getting recrewed due to a long wait. Its sitting in the siding still with a crew called for 23:00 EST.

G002 has also tied down in Delphos Yard with a crew called at 23:30 EST to go north.

Y005 is currently arranging 28 cars from the DERR to go north on G002 tonight. These cars have been sitting in the yard since last Thursday. It is more efficient to take a lot of them north rather than make more runs north for each set. G002-99 will have TSCR 6033(C40-8W), TSCR 5MSRR 567(C424), MSRR 4727(GP40), and MSRR 884(C424) with 88 cars.

Y005 with MSRR 7738(S2) will set out 7 cars for Central Soya and 6 empty hoppers for the DERR.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

MSRR 910 and 930 have come back from Juniata wearing a fresh coat of paint and is renumbered as MSRR 100 and 101.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

MSRR 100(U30C)
MSRR 102(C636)

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

WD09 (Delphos Work train) shoved north of the MSRR junction about an hour and a half ago. Leading the shove northward was caboose #3109, which was also full of workmen, followed by a carload of ballast, the panel switch gon, a boxcar, and SD35 #1303 in WM colors. DERR and MSRR crews have already unloaded the switch, and are currently working on some wiring for the signals. Removal of the old switch should start in about 30 minutes...

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

heartlandguy wrote:WD09 (Delphos Work train) shoved north of the MSRR junction about an hour and a half ago. Leading the shove northward was caboose #3109, which was also full of workmen, followed by a carload of ballast, the panel switch gon, a boxcar, and SD35 #1303 in WM colors. DERR and MSRR crews have already unloaded the switch, and are currently working on some wiring for the signals. Removal of the old switch should start in about 30 minutes...
Take your time, you have the whole day to work lol no rush. We sent a crew of MOW guys to help out.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

DT&I wrote:
heartlandguy wrote:WD09 (Delphos Work train) shoved north of the MSRR junction about an hour and a half ago. Leading the shove northward was caboose #3109, which was also full of workmen, followed by a carload of ballast, the panel switch gon, a boxcar, and SD35 #1303 in WM colors. DERR and MSRR crews have already unloaded the switch, and are currently working on some wiring for the signals. Removal of the old switch should start in about 30 minutes...
Take your time, you have the whole day to work lol no rush. We sent a crew of MOW guys to help out.
Roger that, lol. We looked over the signals, and they look pretty good for first being installed in 1939. Hopefully will have the whole thing done by tonight, but we may work into Sunday if needed...

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

heartlandguy wrote:
DT&I wrote:
Roger that, lol. We looked over the signals, and they look pretty good for first being installed in 1939. Hopefully will have the whole thing done by tonight, but we may work into Sunday if needed...
It won't matter, nothing is running tomorrow either.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

DT&I wrote:It won't matter, nothing is running tomorrow either.
Roger, we'll do our best. It's coming along pretty nicely already...

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Crews are out again today, finishing up some wiring and cutting over the signals. Two on the Maumee Southern, and one on the DERR. We will be testing out all the aspects before cutting them completely over, and putting them in control of your offices in Delphos...

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

The signals were successfully cut over this afternoon, and are now in control of your office at Delphos. We even ran our SD35s through it a few times to make sure it all runs smooth. What shall we call this junction?

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Just a heads-up, the DERR has an empty stone train waiting up in Toledo to come back south. Wondering if the MSRR could bring it back down to Delphos tonight?

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

heartlandguy wrote:Just a heads-up, the DERR has an empty stone train waiting up in Toledo to come back south. Wondering if the MSRR could bring it back down to Delphos tonight?
Q931-87 called out of Maumee Yard at 01:30 EDT 3/23/13. TSCR genset is pulling the empty train to Maumee from the docks currently.