Lima Locomotive Company

Sub forum for Paper Railroads

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postby DT&I » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:20 pm

Of course, LLC doesnt produce standard cabs from scratch anymore, we only rebuild them(only long distance road units)
User avatar
DT&I
Commodore Perry
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:26 pm
Location: Tontogany, Ohio BE 181 CSX Toledo Subdivision

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postby conrailman75 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:43 pm

TCtrainguy17 wrote:Forgot to mention it needs to meet FRA crashworthiness standards so a wide cab is a must.


Hmm, a wide cab electric locomotive :shock: Can't wait to see what this thing looks like when its done!
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH
conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1135
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 5:39 pm

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postby Saturnalia » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:55 pm

conrailman75 wrote:
TCtrainguy17 wrote:Forgot to mention it needs to meet FRA crashworthiness standards so a wide cab is a must.


Hmm, a wide cab electric locomotive :shock: Can't wait to see what this thing looks like when its done!

Can't be much worse than this:
Image

...or can it? :lol:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Copper Country '19-'20 Snowfall Total: 57.5"
User avatar
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat
 
Posts: 13716
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:54 pm
Location: Michigan's Copper Country

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postby DT&I » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:43 pm

I promise it will look better than that, 100% promise, thats the ugliest thing I've eve seen besides the new Tier 4 ES44AC....
User avatar
DT&I
Commodore Perry
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:26 pm
Location: Tontogany, Ohio BE 181 CSX Toledo Subdivision

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postby DT&I » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:19 pm

Image
CE19000-6W
19,000 HP
Electric or Diesel
Tier 3
DPU enabled
Added weight
SmartStart equipped
Image
C50-6W
5,000 HP
Diesel
Tier 3
DPU enabled
Added Weight
SmartStart Equipped
User avatar
DT&I
Commodore Perry
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:26 pm
Location: Tontogany, Ohio BE 181 CSX Toledo Subdivision

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postby TCtrainguy17 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:53 pm

Is the CE19000-6W the AW prototype electric?
TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:58 pm
Location: Traverse City, Michigan

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postby Ypsi » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:17 pm

DT&I wrote:CE19000-6W
19,000 HP

HOLY S#!+ :shock: :shock: is 19,000 for real?
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown
User avatar
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan
 
Posts: 5262
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:13 pm

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postby DT&I » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:23 pm

TCtrainguy17 wrote:Is the CE19000-6W the AW prototype electric?

It is, completed and tested, runs perfect.

@ypsi thats how it was ordered! lol
User avatar
DT&I
Commodore Perry
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:26 pm
Location: Tontogany, Ohio BE 181 CSX Toledo Subdivision

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postby TCtrainguy17 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:45 pm

DT&I wrote:
TCtrainguy17 wrote:Is the CE19000-6W the AW prototype electric?

It is, completed and tested, runs perfect.

@ypsi thats how it was ordered! lol


Well it was ordered as 10,000-15,000hp but that's because we didn't believe it was possible to coax a peak of 19,000hp out of an electric locomotive and HP isn't as important to us as tractive effort is because they will be used mostly on coal drags up steep grades. When will we be able to get it out into the field?
TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:58 pm
Location: Traverse City, Michigan

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postby Saturnalia » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:22 pm

TCtrainguy17 wrote:
DT&I wrote:
TCtrainguy17 wrote:Is the CE19000-6W the AW prototype electric?

It is, completed and tested, runs perfect.

@ypsi thats how it was ordered! lol


Well it was ordered as 10,000-15,000hp but that's because we didn't believe it was possible to coax a peak of 19,000hp out of an electric locomotive and HP isn't as important to us as tractive effort is because they will be used mostly on coal drags up steep grades. When will we be able to get it out into the field?

19,000 hp is irrelevant, and just plain stupid. Sure it can pull a whole train, but what happens when that unit dies? That's why a 6000hp Diesel was never truly developed, and 19,000 surely won't.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Copper Country '19-'20 Snowfall Total: 57.5"
User avatar
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat
 
Posts: 13716
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:54 pm
Location: Michigan's Copper Country

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postby DT&I » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:14 pm

Uhm you have an offline backup? plus its DPU capable so you'll more than likely never have one by itself.

@TC how many do you want? And we can get this one to you by Friday. We'll just put it on an AW/TSCR intermodal and have it trail offline.
User avatar
DT&I
Commodore Perry
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:26 pm
Location: Tontogany, Ohio BE 181 CSX Toledo Subdivision

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postby Y@ » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:22 pm

MQT3001 wrote:19,000 hp is irrelevant, and just plain stupid. Sure it can pull a whole train, but what happens when that unit dies? That's why a 6000hp Diesel was never truly developed, and 19,000 surely won't.


Who cares? Isn't this fantasy land?
Bottom text.
User avatar
Y@
Ass. Janitor
 
Posts: 5570
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postby Ypsi » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:24 pm

Y@ wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:19,000 hp is irrelevant, and just plain stupid. Sure it can pull a whole train, but what happens when that unit dies? That's why a 6000hp Diesel was never truly developed, and 19,000 surely won't.


Who cares? Isn't this fantasy land?

+1 Y@
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown
User avatar
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan
 
Posts: 5262
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:13 pm

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postby DT&I » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:25 pm

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:
Y@ wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:19,000 hp is irrelevant, and just plain stupid. Sure it can pull a whole train, but what happens when that unit dies? That's why a 6000hp Diesel was never truly developed, and 19,000 surely won't.


Who cares? Isn't this fantasy land?

+1 Y@

i gie Y@ +10000000000000000000000 for his other post... :lol:
User avatar
DT&I
Commodore Perry
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:26 pm
Location: Tontogany, Ohio BE 181 CSX Toledo Subdivision

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postby Y@ » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:27 pm

I just don't like cocky pre-teens.
Bottom text.
User avatar
Y@
Ass. Janitor
 
Posts: 5570
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postby Saturnalia » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:40 pm

DT&I wrote:Uhm you have an offline backup? plus its DPU capable so you'll more than likely never have one by itself.

@TC how many do you want? And we can get this one to you by Friday. We'll just put it on an AW/TSCR intermodal and have it trail offline.

Not sure why you'd need dpu with that much horsepower :shock:

But yeah, this is fantasyland, where a P42 cab can be placed on a P32 engine :P

(I was not trying to be serious in the initial post BTW)
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Copper Country '19-'20 Snowfall Total: 57.5"
User avatar
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat
 
Posts: 13716
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:54 pm
Location: Michigan's Copper Country

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postby TCtrainguy17 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:01 pm

DT&I wrote:@TC how many do you want? And we can get this one to you by Friday. We'll just put it on an AW/TSCR intermodal and have it trail offline.

Or you can route it to Columbus and it we will take it down to the ex Virginian where it will be tested. We would like to test it for a while before placing a definite order. EMD and GE are also working on a prototype with EMD's waiting paint.

MQT3001 wrote:19,000 hp is irrelevant, and just plain stupid. Sure it can pull a whole train, but what happens when that unit dies? That's why a 6000hp Diesel was never truly developed, and 19,000 surely won't.

Don't forget that CSX is running a fleet of 100+ AC6000CW's all fitted with the GEVO-16 prime mover and 300 ES59ACi rated at 6,250hp are running over in China and 70 5,800hp ES58ACi locomotives are being built for use in Bazil. EMD also built a 6,000hp locomotive for China. So a 6000hp locomotive has been truly developed, it has just never been accepted by railroads in North America. Also Alstom built a 12,900 hp electric locomotive for China Railways in 2007. Although 19,000 is a little far reached it probably could be done if the need arose.
TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:58 pm
Location: Traverse City, Michigan

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postby TCtrainguy17 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:37 pm

The AW would like to order 14 more CE19000-6W and is considering ordering some SD55H, could you give us details on it?
TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:58 pm
Location: Traverse City, Michigan

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postby DT&I » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:58 pm

TCtrainguy17 wrote:The AW would like to order 14 more CE19000-6W and is considering ordering some SD55H, could you give us details on it?

Ok 14 more it is! Also, the SD55H is a 6 axle coal hauler and is good on mountains slopes or big hills if you like. It has AC motors and increased fuel capacity. With Phase 1.2 you get LLCX's new Flexi-Ride trucks. These are good for sharp curves and provide a smoother ride for crews. The SD55H also has a wide cab for better protection against injury. Heated seats and cab signals provide easier and a more comfortable ride for crews and DPU's are more easily connected. It provides 5,000 HP and has an added 5 tons for more traction and also to help the wheels grip the rails better tractive effort. Headlights, ditch lights, marker lights, and pretty much the whole cab can be customized to your liking. Let us know what you want to do if you want them! :)
User avatar
DT&I
Commodore Perry
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:26 pm
Location: Tontogany, Ohio BE 181 CSX Toledo Subdivision

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postby TCtrainguy17 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:41 pm

The AW will take 25 of the phase 1.2 SD55H with nose mounted headlights.
TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:58 pm
Location: Traverse City, Michigan

PreviousNext

Return to Paper Railroads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

x