Page 2 of 5

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:09 pm
by TCtrainguy17
DT&I wrote:
TCtrainguy17 wrote:Very nice. Management will decide whether to go with Lima or GE sometime tomorrow.

Ok let us know! :) We already have 15 Demos built but 13 of them are being tested by the INRD.

We've decided to go with GE and only an electronics upgrade, sorry we just don't need all the extra's. See the ELLX thread for more detail.

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:43 pm
by DT&I
Thats ok INRD is liking the mdue to the AC motors and the widecab.

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:17 pm
by DT&I
MQT3001 wrote:
DT&I wrote:Well I guess its either quality(me) or low costs(you) lol lets see how everyone decides. :D

Uh we have the same if not better quality than you at a lower price. Marquette Doesn't need to make money off it, so we can charge bottom-basemeent prices. Basically, the upgrades' price pays for parts & labor, and that it. Most of our mechanics are veterans, and our program was built to employ as many veterans as possible. Several of our mechanics have 30+ years of experiance, and can tell what's wrong just by the way the darm thing vibrates!

But unlike you we have actual GE and EMD employees working here. They've been building locomotives for years now and they are just "mechanics", they're the guys that assemble the locomotive and test it and make sure it performs well and is safe.

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:47 pm
by Saturnalia
DT&I wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:
DT&I wrote:Well I guess its either quality(me) or low costs(you) lol lets see how everyone decides. :D

Uh we have the same if not better quality than you at a lower price. Marquette Doesn't need to make money off it, so we can charge bottom-basemeent prices. Basically, the upgrades' price pays for parts & labor, and that it. Most of our mechanics are veterans, and our program was built to employ as many veterans as possible. Several of our mechanics have 30+ years of experiance, and can tell what's wrong just by the way the darm thing vibrates!

But unlike you we have actual GE and EMD employees working here. They've been building locomotives for years now and they are just "mechanics", they're the guys that assemble the locomotive and test it and make sure it performs well and is safe.

You apparently missed the part that we do have several EMD employees. Our other mechanics all went to the EMD mechanics school, where you can learn the ins and outs of EMD products.....

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:52 pm
by DT&I
You have several, we have dozens from both GE and EMD.

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:57 pm
by Saturnalia
DT&I wrote:You have several, we have dozens from both GE and EMD.

We're a SMALL shop. Those 6 we employ are 30% of our shop forces (which includes the guys that do all the normal work on our normal power, such as the gas man)0 :lol:

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:00 pm
by DT&I
We're a large shop and employ a lot of workers, this is why things get done so quickly.
Image
SD50M

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:02 pm
by Saturnalia
We don't completely rebuild units....we just overhaul and upgrade electronics and stuff. SD40-2 to SD40-3 type things.

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:03 pm
by DT&I
MQT3001 wrote:We don't completely rebuild units....we just overhaul and upgrade electronics and stuff. SD40-2 to SD40-3 type things.

We do that and rebuild locos to extend their lives increase safety and performance.

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:18 pm
by DT&I
SLR 804 and 805 have come to Lima to be inspected and repainted for the INRD who has bought them.

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:15 pm
by DT&I
Image
INRD 107 and 108 will go west on the WCSR to Indy to the INRD.

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:52 pm
by DT&I
We don't know yet but we might be looking to add a C30-7R to the upgrade column. Basically whay it is is a normal C30-7 body with upgaded cab features, upgraded radiators, and a fresh coat of paint. Basically a cheaper option than the C42-7W or C42-7A.

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:59 pm
by DT&I
Updates:
1 SD55H is in production for WCSR.
2 GP40-2's are being repainted into INRD colors from G&W orange

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:13 pm
by conrailman75
What new locomotives does Lima Locomotive Co. sell? Trying to figure out my purchasing plans for next year for my Penn Central.

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:19 pm
by DT&I
conrailman75 wrote:What new locomotives does Lima Locomotive Co. sell? Trying to figure out my purchasing plans for next year for my Penn Central.

New?

SD55H
C41-7A
GP42-P4
RC2000EC
C39-8W
C41-7W

Right off the drawing board:
SD40-1E - Rebuilt SD40-2 with added weight, self greasing wheels, tier 4 emissions, 3,700 HP, etc

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:40 pm
by TCtrainguy17
The Appalachian Western is currently looking to acquire 25 new heavy haul electrics. If Lima Locomotive is interested in submitting a proposal we are looking for the following specs.
*10,000-15,000hp.
*400,000-435,000lbs.
*195,000-205,000lbf tractive effort.
*C-C truck configuration.
*runs on 11kV 25Hz catenary.

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:46 pm
by DT&I
We can definatly do that but will you provide funding? If so we can build a prototype and you can see how you like it.

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:04 pm
by TCtrainguy17
DT&I wrote:We can definatly do that but will you provide funding? If so we can build a prototype and you can see how you like it.

We will be willing to provide about $3 million in funding for R&D. Also if it could be equipped with DPU capability that would be a huge bonus to our operations.

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:15 pm
by DT&I
Deal.

Re: Lima Locomotive Company

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:21 pm
by TCtrainguy17
Forgot to mention it needs to meet FRA crashworthiness standards so a wide cab is a must.