TSCR Heritage Locomotives

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: TSCR Heritage Locomotives

Unread post by Saturnalia »

DT&I wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:8910 was just involved in the train-truck collision in Michigan City. Damage is repairable. Train is already underway again. (Train took 2 miles to stop, thanks to the 65-mph speed limit....train was clear of the scene already, so the police let it go)

:twisted: :D
Theres actually a problem with the emergeny brakes wont release on 8910.
I updated my post above :wink:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

The lowboy was empty, but it it had it's load that they were going to pick up, a giant generator, we'd be looking at a bent frame, derailment, the whole lot.

It's going to need a new cab, since the front is flattenend, but amazingly, it's still operable save for the brakes (as far as we know).....

YOU WERE WARNED :lol: :lol:

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

MQT3001 wrote:The lowboy was empty, but it it had it's load that they were going to pick up, a giant generator, we'd be looking at a bent frame, derailment, the whole lot.

It's going to need a new cab, since the front is flattenend, but amazingly, it's still operable save for the brakes (as far as we know).....

Well its derailed all over tracks 1&2 so theyre both close until further notice plus theres a large pile up of coal hoppers on the switch to the Michigan line. You can detour over our line if you'd like. First derailment in a year and a half and it happens on the MQT... :roll: :lol:
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

DT&I wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:The lowboy was empty, but it it had it's load that they were going to pick up, a giant generator, we'd be looking at a bent frame, derailment, the whole lot.

Well its derailed all over tracks 1&2 so theyre both close until further notice plus theres a large pile up of coal hoppers on the switch to the Michigan line. You can detour over our line if you'd like. First derailment in a year and a half and it happens on the MQT... :roll: :lol:
Not caused by MQT. Your beloved 8910 had it's front axle pick a crossover switch, and it subsequently derailed 8910 & the trailing unit, as well as 10 coal hoppers. The 8910 is rolled over, but the trailing unit is upright, just on the ground. The coal hoppers are all roled over onto tracks 1 & 2. Main #3 is colsed as a precaution.

Send a crew over to get the rear of your train, MQT forces are bringing in equipement from New Buffalo to get Main 1 cleared and ready for traffic.....only a pile of coal is in the way, no track damage yet...

Bring in the snowplow! :lol:

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

This was a westbound empty(You'll be happy about this, no snowplow i needed :lol: ) BUT we would like to ask you to pay for 3/4 costs of the repair since it happened becuase a track issue(MQT tracks).

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

DT&I wrote:This was a westbound empty(You'll be happy about this, no snowplow i needed :lol: ) BUT we would like to ask you to pay for 3/4 costs of the repair since it happened becuase a track issue(MQT tracks).
Not caused by MQT because your 8910 had a bad axle (bent to crap :lol: ) YOUR crew decided to keep going anyway, nd set that unit to idle, so it would roll freely....they gave it too much gas (15 MPH) and it picked the frog....

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

How could it have a bad axle when it was inspected YESTERDAY in Pittsburgh before it was activated? There was no problem with the axle then and plus our crews are trained to deal with these kind of issues.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

DT&I wrote:How could it have a bad axle when it was inspected YESTERDAY in Pittsburgh before it was activated? There was no problem with the axle then and plus our crews are trained to deal with these kind of issues.
It WAS a good axle before it met a 65-ft lowboy trailer! :lol:

It took on side into the guard rail, which meant the other side wouldn't go through the frog right....took a ride up and over, then the loco derailed and set off the chain reaction.

MQT will pay 25% of the damage, keep in mid we're going to have $1 million into repairing the mess, including a $250,000 custom frog :roll:

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

You're killing me, this is going to cost over a million dollars. And umm how did it exactly roll onto its side and bend the frame? And how about 50%.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

DT&I wrote:You're killing me, this is going to cost over a million dollars. And umm how did it exactly roll onto its side and bend the frame? And how about 50%.
Frame isn't bent unless you say so :lol:

It rode over the frog (front truck), then dropped down into the mini-ditch in the ballast between Mains #1 & 2. That rolled her...not a big enough wreck to bend her up...just damaged sheet metal & handrails

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

MQT3001 wrote:
DT&I wrote:You're killing me, this is going to cost over a million dollars. And umm how did it exactly roll onto its side and bend the frame? And how about 50%.

It rode over the frog (front truck), then dropped down into the mini-ditch in the ballast between Mains #1 & 2. That rolled her...not a big enough wreck to bend her up...just damaged sheet metal & handrails
Ok so i guess it wont cost as much as I thought so whats wrng with 50%? If its just sheet metal and hand rails it will only cost about 19,000...

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

DT&I wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:

Ok so i guess it wont cost as much as I thought so whats wrng with 50%? If its just sheet metal and hand rails it will only cost about 19,000...
If the paint scheme dies I will pay 100%!

If the paint scheme lives than 33%

HEY....main #3 is back open for your coal barges

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

I did not come up with this scheme but it is part of our heritage. Thats like NS derailing the PC unit and repainting it in throurobred. PC is a big part of their heritage becuase without it there would be no CR, PC, and others. NYC originally wasn't going to merge with the PC so it is big that it happened, even though it was a complete failure...
50%

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

DT&I wrote:I did not come up with this scheme but it is part of our heritage. Thats like NS derailing the PC unit and repainting it in throurobred. PC is a big part of their heritage becuase without it there would be no CR, PC, and others. NYC originally wasn't going to merge with the PC so it is big that it happened, even though it was a complete failure...
50%
Geez I'm joking....

49.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% and you've got a deal 8)

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

MQT3001 wrote:
DT&I wrote:I did not come up with this scheme but it is part of our heritage. Thats like NS derailing the PC unit and repainting it in throurobred. PC is a big part of their heritage becuase without it there would be no CR, PC, and others. NYC originally wasn't going to merge with the PC so it is big that it happened, even though it was a complete failure...
50%
Geez I'm joking....

Got a deal, itll be repaired in Chicago and should be running by Tuesday again.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

DT&I wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:
50%
Geez I'm joking....

Got a deal, itll be repaired in Chicago and should be running by Tuesday again.
We'll be sure to leave a rail kink for ya! :mrgreen:

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

So is your main open yet?

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

DT&I wrote:So is your main open yet?
1 & 3 are (so there is access to GR & Your line)

We may be sing our left over fireworks on those coal gons :P

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

MQT3001 wrote:

When is the agreement up for our trackage rights?

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

DT&I wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:

When is the agreement up for our trackage rights?
2016 lol